A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: enlarge the size of a finished movie?

i've been working on a movie for a few days now, and just recently discovered that i've made it far too much smaller than i want it to be. it's not that the background area is too small, but instead the symbols and pictures are too small relative to the background. umm, is there any way i can enlarge all of the objects in the movie, without the animations getting totally screwed up? I could probably decrease the size of the background area (or whatever you call it) and then use some kind of zoom command to make the movie play in 200% size, but how the heck do i do that??

Any comments greatly appreciated, thanx!

you could try these.

If your objects are symbols, just go into each symbol, press ctrl+alt+s and the scale menu will pop up. The default is 100, so to enlarge it you want to put 101 or above. you can scale them this way.

Or you can reduce your background and change the parameter for scale in the html embed tag.You can put fit to screen or enter a value.

ok, thanx a lot, but how do i keep the movie centered on the background? do i have to move all of the symbols separately?

like I said, if they are all symbols, then you are in luck. Just right click and choose edit in place. when you edit it, it will edit all the symbols at once. here is an example. you have a sqaures and circle everywhere, right? you want to change there size. you onloy have to edit one square and one circle, if they are symbols.

Maybe you should send me the fla if it is not to big.

good luck.

it worked beautifully. thanx a lot

Oh good. where is it? can we see it?

Not online yet, need to brush it up a bit first. appreciate your help nevertheless.
    /Daniel