A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ******* SWiSH V2 alpha 4 - Bug Thread *******

Choice Bro!
    Post your bug reports here...

Hey! Where are my "alpha" controls? They're not in "transform" anymore?...ziggy

Nevermind...Found'em!
    It would be nice to have all the same "transform" controls that are in the popup in the side tab controls also???...ziggy

Choice Bro!
    Hi swish team,

I was putting together the following .swi available here..

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...threadid=85454

When ever I tried to paste a new tranform effect on the time line (to manipulate the sprite) the effect always appeared at the end of the scene. Each additional effect also joined the end of the scene. I had to drag each one back in to the correct position.

Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

Keep up the great work guy's,

Cheers

Rich

Spelling error.
    When I hover over the Play button this is the caption at the bottom of the window:
    "Play the current moview"
    There's no W in movie. That's all for now. I just got it 2 seconds ago so I may have more later.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Just making sure I'm here.

BTW: Wish all the bugs were as easy to fix as the 'moview' bug :-)

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    BTW: Wish all the bugs were as easy to fix as the 'moview' bug :-)
    Heh...me too. That way the final version would be out already!
    I think I just found another bug. Let me try to get it to happen 2 more times to see if I'm right...

Same thing Instinct said about transform

applying to the wrong location.

The scroll bar in the timeline will not appear until the other windows are closed. My set up is such that all of the windows are bound togethor at the top with the timeline appearing at the bottom.

There is still a problem with sprites that you guys can fix if you will do it. I have only asked with each new version. The problem is this: You make your animation and contain it within a sprite. 5 images of a bird with flapping wings. If you wish to place a onpress action on each of the flapping wing images so that they jump to another frame and show a bunch of feathers you can do that. (Trying to make a shooting game) Now, in the main movie using transform you can move the sprite around the screen, but when you shoot it the exploding feathers continues along the transformation just as though it were still flying. What you need to do is add a way so that onpress/rollover actions can be applied to the sprite on the main timeline so that they still follow the commands within the sprite, but also follow commands within the main timeline. Maybe its not possible?

~Jer~

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Same thing Instinct said about transform

Originally posted by Jerry T
    applying to the wrong location.
    snip
    ~Jer~
    Can you please send a SWI so I can better see what you mean?

Thanks

I am not sure if this has been posted. If it has, I apologize for the duplication. When I open an effect dialog box and drag it (resposition on the screen) my entire swish window (layout screen) flickers. This can be reproduced on all swi files using version 2.4.

Thanks.

Alignment of Lines

Wonder if I am doing something wrong.. I am trying to shift the alignment of a line to change the rotation point during a transform. I have tried both Modify-Alignment and the Transform Tab and neither works. I see that the point appears to shift visually but when I attempt to use a transform it continues to rotate about the center of the line. Am I doing something wrong?
    (Sorry for the double posting I submitted the first as a new thread by mistake.)

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Alignment of Lines

Originally posted by Edusoft
    Wonder if I am doing something wrong.. I am trying to shift the alignment of a line to change the rotation point during a transform. I have tried both Modify-Alignment and the Transform Tab and neither works. I see that the point appears to shift visually but when I attempt to use a transform it continues to rotate about the center of the line. Am I doing something wrong?
    (Sorry for the double posting I submitted the first as a new thread by mistake.)
    Rotation is always about the centre in SWiSH.

I would like to see the rotation to be about the alingment point myself. But I'm not sure what ramifications that would have on effects (that do rotations). It is safer (for existing users/files) to keep the rotation point as the centre

__________________________________________________ __________

I would like to see the rotation to be about the alingment point myself. But I'm not sure what ramifications that would have on effects (that do rotations). It is safer (for existing users/files) to keep the rotation point as the centre

Roger,
    Thank you for your rapid response. Would it not be possible to leave the default as the center of the object yet provide for re-alignment when desired. (I recognize that there may be restrictions imposed by compatibility with Flash files.)

I also wonder: if this is not the intent of allowing the modification of alignment then what purpose does it serve?

Thanks for your patience.

Roger,
    Thank you for your rapid response. Would it not be possible to leave the default as the center of the object yet provide for re-alignment when desired. (I recognize that there may be restrictions imposed by compatibility with Flash files.)

I also wonder: if this is not the intent of allowing the modification of alignment then what purpose does it serve?

Thanks for your patience.
    To clarify further; what I am referring to is the Modify-Transform-Edit Center command in Flash 5. It appears Swish’s Modify-Alignment command approximates the Edit Center, albeit that the Edit Center command permits placing the center point at any position along a line.
    Further can the edited alignment point become the reference for movement in an X-Y Transform or in a Scale Transform?

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Re: Alignment of Lines

Originally posted by Edusoft

No pointat all anymore .. the only reason we haven't gotten rid of the aling point is for backward compatibility. I expect we'll bite the bullet before the release and get rid of alignment points altogether. In that case, we then need to decide what point should be displayed for the X,Y position of an object. I'd suspect the centre (rotation point) would be best.

Re: Same thing Instinct said about transform

Originally posted by Jerry T
    What you need to do is add a way so that onpress/rollover actions can be applied to the sprite on the main timeline so that they still follow the commands within the sprite, but also follow commands within the main timeline. Maybe its not possible?

~Jer~

Don't know if this has been replied to already, but actually, if I understand what you want to do, that's what the "Tell Target" command does in Flash: it allows you to send an action to a movie clip from the main timeline, and vice versa...

Best, Will

Point of Rotation Clarification

Roger,
    First let me say that I really appreciate the excellent work that is being done to enhance an already outstanding product. I have shared Swish with many of my friends and they are amazed at what you have done and at the price for which it is available.

Next, perhaps I am missing something: I thought that with the addition of objects that the ability to set the alignment point would become even more important, not less. Further I felt that the approach taken of allowing any of (9) points to be easily set was a good choice. I felt that this command maintained compatibility with the Modify-Transform-Edit Center command in Flash 5.

I find it difficult to imagine how one would accomplish transform animation of objects without being able to set the alignment point. Am I overlooking the obvious?

Just to let you know the scroll bars around the movie windows don't appear all the time. so if you have zoomed in then zoom out half of the movie is not showing and there isn't a scroll bar to recentre it. Also alpha fades in the bur command don't seem to work properly I have a bur on two piccies that start off invisible, but they don't come up to 100% visible when the effect finishes.

Cheers, Keep up the good work!

StevePH

1.I've been checking the eye dropper in every alpha version.The eye doppper is still not working to where I can select a color off the screen.

2.The main layout that you make your movie in is off center and to the left.The problem with that is there is no scroll bar on the bottom that allows you to see the other blank side of your movie.

3.If I select the zoom tool and press shift the icon changes to a minus.While it is a minus sign if i click and drag to make a rectangle it zooms in instead of out.

4.The text panel is very glitchy.I tried pasting 400 characters in it and swish died.I held "i" down and and it crashed again.Then after typing say 256 characters it the flashing line went to the beginning of the text box rather than continuing on the next line.

5.Good Job!

Couldn't give ya all my crap with out a compliment too.

[Edited by Rykor on 01-15-2001 at 04:38 PM]

Originally posted by StevePH
    Also alpha fades in the bur command don't seem to work properly I have a bur on two piccies that start off invisible, but they don't come up to 100% visible when the effect finishes.
    Could you send the swi to hhchang@optushome.com.au

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin