A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ******* SWiSH V2 alpha 4 - Bug Thread *******

Actually you hold down shift to select multiple objects,
    and hold down control to toggle the selection. Exactly
    the same as Windows Explorer or any list box really.

Cheers, David.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh your right it is ctrl

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

SWISH Support Help

Could Roger or Jason please have a look at this thread. A member is asking hard questions about mp3 in Swish 1.51 and V2. Anyonelse who has a good knowledge of how sounds works in swish please also have a look

See http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...324#post390324

Crashing Alpha 4 with multiple windows

Hi,
    Thanks for posting my message here flashopper. It's running once, I tried to open another file and it crashed. I'm running WinMe with the latest 3dfx 3500 graphics drivers on a 700Mhz Athlon system with 256MB RAM, if that helps any. Again, thanks.

Chris

I found something, but it might just have to do with my machine (Pentium I, Win 95):

I found the customizable keyboard shortcuts (you guys RULE!!), but when I tried to assign crl+alt+space as my stop command, the computer beeped, the screen went black, and my machine was no more. Had to power it down then back up. Happened twice. After that, I assigned ctrl+F4 as my stop command, and everything seemed cool.

Then, also: I assigned ctrl+space to "play scene" and shift+ctrl+space to play effect. Couldn't get either one to work, is there something you have to do to enable the shortcuts? When I look on the pull down menus, those commands are listed opposite those two options as shortcuts, so Swish is at least recognizing them in some way...

Best, Will

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Rykor
    I have uploded a picture to http://www.trykorrollingmedia.com/layout.jpg to show you what I mean.
    [/B]
    Wow ..when you take a screen shot, you certainly take a screen shot. Most people would just use the Print-Screen keyto do acapture .. but I guess a digital camera works too :-)

To move the scene around without a scollbar, you could use the Pan (hand) tool to move the view. That should work

Was there anything actually hidden on the left, or was it showing the whole scene anyway. That could explain why there is no scroll bar. I'll have a further look.

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    I have uploded a picture to http://www.trykorrollingmedia.com/layout.jpg to show you what I mean.
    Wow ..when you take a screen shot, you certainly take a screen shot. Most people would just use the Print-Screen keyto do acapture .. but I guess a digital camera works too :-)

To move the scene around without a scollbar, you could use the Pan (hand) tool to move the view. That should work

Was there anything actually hidden on the left, or was it showing the whole scene anyway. That could explain why there is no scroll bar. I'll have a further look.
    [/B]
    It shows the side bar but doesn't show the bottom bar which means it wouldn't let me center the layout.Second after I play a scene and stop it the layout moves to the write a bit.Making the layout even more hidden to the left.The white square that you make your scenen on is what I'm refering to as the layout.So after I play it the only way I'm able to get the bottom scrollbar is by minimizing the screen.This shouldn't be.The change of the alignment for the layout happen in this alpha version because in alpha3 it was correct unless you did it on purpose forgetting to add the bottom scroll feature or whatever it takes to get it right.But overall yes I am unable to view an inch of the left side of the layout at times.

Re: Re: Recommendation

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    You might want to give the user the option to not show the splash screen when opening swish.It ca be annoying to view when you re-open swish every other minute.
    Why are you opening SWiSH so often? Once you've started it, just open additional files or create files as you go.
    Yes becuase I'm forced to hop in between adobe photoshop,macromedia freehand,macromedia dreamweaver ultra dev and swish itself.I've noticed that Swish is very annoying to have open while trying to use other programs as well.Swish dies big time.And like mentioned before it gets jealous of multiple windows of swish.

^^^^just moving up^^^^

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

This thread got lost, please put your swish 2 alpha 4 problems here.

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

posted by flashopper

Just want to commend the Swish team on an excellent program, I'm finding new stuff in the alpha all the time. Here's my newest find:

If you have, say, 4 elements grouped into a single object, you can click on any one of those elements in the outline, then go to the layout, move it to a new position, and it moves to that new position but still remains a part of the group -- no ungrouping needed.

Totally brilliant, I love it. Great job, team...

Will

Moved here by almark

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

aricindy1908

can sombody help me i have buy the 1.51 version and i have the alpha version i have made a scenein the alpha version couse there you can shose that a picture stand as background but i can not converd it to swf are save it and use the 1.51 vers can sombody help me please thnx a lot for the person who can help me ;o))

01-26-2001 09:46 PM Profile | Email | | Posts by User | Edit/Delete | Reply w/Quote IP: Logged

flashopper
    Executive Member

Cindy, I don't think it's possible to do what you're saying you want to do, if I understand you correctly. You can't use anything you create in the alpha version in 1.51. You can open 1.51 files in the alpha version (make a backup first) but not the other way around.

By the way, if you want to have an image in the background in 1.51 (again, I may not understand what you're trying to do), but if you insert an image and put it near the bottom of your layer stack, it can very effectively serve as a background.

Hope some of this helps, Will

moved here by almark

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

flashopper
    Executive Member

In the new Swish, is this just a straight translation, i.e. 50% = 127 value on the new color palette? Do alpha values get added together if you put an alpha on a color, then do another alpha adjustment on a show or transform? For example, if I pick blue with an alpha value of 127 (approx. 50%) as a text color, then do a show effect on that text and set the alpha value to 50%, am I really going to get 50% of 50%, which would be 25%?

Just wondering if anyone's played with this. It poses a possibility that there is more than one place to adjust alpha values on vector shapes, text, etc. Which is fine with me, flexibility is good.

Thanks for any insight, Will

Byron Zed

Choosing fonts

When inserting a new text object, I would like to have the ability to choose fonts, and have the program remember the last font selected, so the next time I choose a font (for the same text object) it'll stay in the chosen font's location, instead of bringing the font to the top, and having to scroll down again to choose a diffrent font. This could be a real time saver, and headache saver aswell. I think this was already mentioned in the 1.5x releases, but hasn't been taken care of. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the final 2.0 release.

P.S. Swish 2.0 kicks ass!!!!

Danny.

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

CELERYHART
    Executive Member

How come I am not understanding this new format...I can't get beyond the problem of opening up my layout ( stage ) area big enough to work in it....it is either too big or half hidden ....oh lord....wanna try walking me thru it step by step....I know I can't be the only one with this dilema..and poor Roger has given up on me..lolo...

Duh...All this terminology is confusing me...could you just explain what you mean by elements...pretend you are talking to a 3 yr old..( course you probably wouldn't have to explain to them..they would understand..lolo..)
    I'm of the age that when you say " grass" you mean that green stuff you have to cut once a week...."drugs" is something prescribed by a doctor...lolo...!!!!
    OH god help me..!!! It really is painful to be so mentally challenged...!!!! I'm not friggen giving up though..I TOO WANT TO SEE HOW AWESOME THIS NEW VERSION IT....but at the moment it is eluding me...if I can't get past the layout problem...there won't be any use for all those other great features ....lolo....
    I"m hoping that if enough people explain this to me...someones explanation is going to sink in...lolo.

QUESTION FOR PROGRAMERS...when I make a rectangle ( see I did get that far..whooppee....lol) is there any way to squew (sp ? ) just the top part...have the bottom stay flat ( a pivot point )and just squew the top part one way or the other..??
    You know how in Photoshop you can drag that little circle to the bottom or where ever and make that a pivit point...that would have helped tremendously in the design I was working on...would have saved me from using a webding and figuring out all the scale, rotate factors etc....
    Just wondering...!!!
    Thanks everybody for being so patient with me..!!! I know you'd probably rather kill me...!!!! lolo

Love, Celeryhart....lololol

PS..I had to make a new post as I could not post from the reply thingy...must be a problem or something..

Moved by almark

Did you read my other post in the thread where you asked this before? I was in the same boat as you but followed Rogers directions and finally figured it out.

1. Open the V2

2.Click on the panels menu and uncheck every panel. You should have a clean work area, no panels.

3.Check the timeline to open it.

4.Open another panel and drag it ever so carefully onto the timeline until you see it line up exactly and kinda stick in place....be careful where you line it up in reference to the timeline panel...it must square up with it...you cant just drop it anywhere on the timeline. Once you get a panel lined up it and release it it will tab and you will "get it"
    the panel must be in its Floating state, that is if you drag it and it doesnt stick double click its title bar and then try to drag EXACTLY onto the other panel.

5.repeat this process until all panels are tabbed.

6.After they are all tabbed you can see if you like it like that( I do) if not double click the layout tab and it will float just like V1.5 and you can resize it to you hearts content. whheeeewww... I wish they had at least a little help file with this Alpha. I was starting to hate the new version but now I see it will be vastly superior to 1.5. and just as easy or easier to use.

Senior Member - never forgotten

Thanks Fatbrain...

I have printed out your instructions....and will attempt this again...lord help me..!!
    Yes..that is the problem I want solved before anymore people learn to "hate" this new version...shove it in the closet and never bring it out again...NOT GOOD..!!!! I know we are not alone in our frustraion..just glad YOU got it solved and have "found the light"..lol...now if I could just do that...I would sing its praises too...!!!!!!
    These guys have put a great deal of effort into improving Swish...and I am annoyed at myself for not being able to apprecitate it..!!
    I am definately the type that needs step by step instructions...lol...( and don't miss a friggen step or I'm lost..lol..)..you have it 1-2-3'd pretty well..so I'm hoping "you will be my saviour"...lolo..Thanks again..
    See...this forum is great , isn't it...????
    Keep posting and you too can become an "EXECUTIVE" member...lolo...you silly goose...!!!

posted by exigence

Not sure if this is a bug, but thought I'd post it here so the team saw it:

Hey all. Small issue with Preview button when adding effect to any object:

1. Add text
    2. Select add effect and select one from the list (any, doesn't matter)
    3. Double click on effect in timeline and select preview
    4. Click on OK (not stop)

Preview loops until you repeat step 3 from above and select Stop.

Cheers,

ex.

Is this a bug...or has the SWiSH dress code been expanded to encompass SWiSH made sites as well? All transparent/ semi transparent areas of .png images are showing colors that might rival even the best of the SWiSH employee's shirts! :=)

Dawn, can you send me a transparent PNG that illustrates this problem?

Cheers, David.

Hi David,
    Sent an e-mail to swishzone and to tig. Hope one of these is your address.
    Cheers,
    Dawn