A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amorphium PRO website up with Flash examples...

Check out http://www.amorphium.com and view the flash examples on the website! I think this is what many of you have been looking for!!!

Regards

Gerbick's arch Nemisis
    are there any more flash examples with more shading techniques? Are the options for exporting as SWF???

Does this have lipsync tools? There is a little amout of info on the web and the demo is save disabled....would be nice to have a 15 day trial.

Anyone used this?? Got examples??

Hello!

Yes you can render scenes to the .swf format, as well as Gif, tiff, etc... You can also easily morph movement of the mouth, eyes, or whatever body movements you want. The download will be available on Monday and look for a quicktime demo available within a week or two. The product just won best of Macworld last week and will begin shipping on Monday!!! It is available on the PC and the MAC.

Watch the website for more cool stuff!

Check out this flash file made in Amorphium PRO!

http://www.amorphium.com/images/gallery/flash/robot.SWF

WOW!
    [Edited by worldwideman on 01-14-2001 at 04:08 AM]

Filesizes are large

The main advantage of using vector images is to
    have faster loading images.

If the .swf output of something is 200kb..
    I'd much prefer to just use optimized bitmaps
    and retain all the beautiful texture that you
    lose with vector

"If the .swf output of something is 200kb..
    I'd much prefer to just use optimized bitmaps
    and retain all t\he beautiful texture that you
    lose with vector"

The flash examples on the website have several frames... I don't believe you could have 45 frames + at 400x300 and keep the file sizes as small as you are wanting. This week I will have some work of what 15k to 30k 3D .swf's look like. This will even further prove the true greatness of Amorphium PRO!

Stay tuned to http://www.amorphium.com for more great work!

Regards....

Gerbick's arch Nemisis
    WorldWideMan

Can you do us all a favour and post some examples with the different modes of shading and rendering to SWF that this 3D Product allows. If it only has 1 output for Flash then I don't know how usefull that will be.

Can you do some tests along the lines of Modeling something in Amorphuim and 3D Studio Max, then render the object to Flash using Swfit 3d, Amorphuim, Vecta 3D and Illustrate 5!

If you are right then Amorphuim should beat them all including Swift's 6 different rendering styles.

I've still not really seen anything that really takes my fancy with Amorphium...to be honest it seems like it's got a long way to go to catch up....considering Swift 3D v2 is on it's way and it's looking VERY VERY nice.

I look forward to seeing more examples from you.
    Thanks

In the flash rendering choices you can render with these choices...

Lines: none, outline, wireframe
    Polygons: none, cartoon, gradients

You have control over the color of: Lines, Background, Ambient.

You can also seperate specular polygons and control the quailty with a variable slider.

You also have control over many other things like specular highlights, fps, shadows, etc...

The trial demo should be available later today so you can try it out. Also there are some more examples of flash stuff today on the website http://www.amorphium.com. We will be adding more all week!

Please also not that you can have a huge number of polygons and the program handles it flawlessly. Plus it tremendously simple to use. Use the demo and you will see why we won best of show last week!

"Can you do us all a favour and post some examples with the different modes of shading and rendering to SWF that this 3D Product allows. If it only has 1 output for Flash then I don't know how usefull that will be."

[Edited by worldwideman on 01-15-2001 at 06:38 PM]

Gerbick's arch Nemisis
    So the demo will work for what 15 days or something??

Can the save disbled demo export SWF??

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    I have been talking to the product manager and I will be posting a review of the product in the next few days. It looks like a real leap in Flash 3D. I cant wait to get my sticky little fingers all over the package. Stay tuned for more. Regards, Bill

Outlines?

I would be impressed by this Amorphium Pro, however, the outlines seem to be doing it's own thing the whole time... they look shaky...

Re: Outlines?

Originally posted by gerbick
    I would be impressed by this Amorphium Pro, however, the outlines seem to be doing it's own thing the whole time... they look shaky...
    You do have the option to turn outlining off. Some really organic shapes (nearly unknown to flash) are tricky. We will continue to improve this feature. Try the software and I am sure you will be impressed like so many already have!

More flash examples have been posted and downloadable version is available at http://www.amorphium.com.

Regards...

Disapointment with Amorphium

Originally posted by worldwideman
    Hello!

Yes you can render scenes to the .swf format, as well as Gif, tiff, etc... You can also easily morph movement of the mouth, eyes, or whatever body movements you want. The download will be available on Monday and look for a quicktime demo available within a week or two. The product just won best of Macworld last week and will begin shipping on Monday!!! It is available on the PC and the MAC.

Watch the website for more cool stuff!

Check out this flash file made in Amorphium PRO!

http://www.amorphium.com/images/gallery/flash/robot.SWF

WOW!
    [Edited by worldwideman on 01-14-2001 at 04:08 AM]
    I am an owner of amorphium from a couple of years back. I was gravely disappointed that the advertisements on the box promised animation and the total keyframes allowed were less than 10. I never did bother to send in for my $140.00 back. I did produce a couple of gif anims but they were too large for the internet.

I am very interested in being able to render 3d images in flash recognizable vector format. And amorphium might have something to offer here. However, my experience with amorphium/play has been that they promise too much. I already got the "tour" and demo. Apparently saving is disabled? I get a crash after composing an animation, when I click on save picture. I don't even know if it really will export .swf, much less have any proof that the results will be worth $400.00.

So if you're serious about demonstrating value here, do as was suggested. Provide a demo that allows testing of the flash export feature, or provide examples that compare 3dstudio to Swift 3d and 3d studio to amorphium (amorphium only models certain things well and troubles have been mentioned on user groups about the difficulty of composing multi-object scenes with the original amorphium.

Gerbick's arch Nemisis
    Thank you JBeeze

I've tried to download the Demo but for somereason can't.

It's kinda pointless if the demo will not allow export of SWF so I can do some comparisons. I would hope that WorldWideMan would do some for us, but alas....

I'd love to see that Robot built in 3D Studio Max and exported using Vecta 3D or Swift...I'm sure they can get it below the 280kb mark

Anyone else had any experience with Amporhium??

Hello!

Amorphium 1.0 was sold by Play. Electric Image is a separate company and in no way affiliated with Play Inc. Which platform are you running the demo on? If you have installed the full free package from QuickTime you should be able to view the .swf files in Amorphium when they are rendered.

Swift3d is more of a file converter and does an excellent job. Amorphium PRO is a full system with modeling, animation, and rendering capabilities. With the bonus of flash rendering...

3d studio max with plugin is over $4,000… Amorphium Pro $379… Enough said…

The download version is working just had it tested… Maybe you are having ISP problems… Please be patient since we have hundreds of downloads happening today..

Also we have done many comparisons with Swift3d and our files sizes have been smaller… I will try to get some tests posted…

Regards..

[Edited by worldwideman on 01-16-2001 at 08:41 PM]

Hello!

Tried to import the robot into Swift3D and the object has way to many polygons. I think it has 150,000 + polygons but it could easily be more. Couldn’t do anything with my PIII 800 with 256mb of memory. Sorry! Don’t own 3D studio max and don’t plan on spending 4G’s to test it!!! Maybe in the future but I really believe the price difference of $379 to $4,000 is a pretty big incentive to buy Amorphium PRO.

Regards…

Don't compare it to Max

Compare Amorphium to other 3D software in
    it's class.

Hash Animation Master is about $200 and gives results
    that are respected by owners of the expensive titles.

Strata is now selling for $250. It's a real modeler.
    It has a great renderer with radiosity.

Amorphium is a fun toy for sculpting primitive shapes.
    You can bore holes into a 'head' to make a mouth and
    eyeholes.

It is not a precision modeler.
    I've had it for two years.

My favorite model that I've seen from Amorphium is
    the alien hand they made from metaballs.
    They give you a tutorial for it.

I animated it.
    http://freetoys.com/flash/3d

I optimized bitmaps to keep the filesize small.
    Vectors can have very small files... but not always.
    Vector is 'ideal' for Flash but bitmaps have their place too.

Gerbick's arch Nemisis
    Hmm Okay

Yes you have a point that 3D Studio Max is VERY expensive, but it's also very powerful and your right its unfair to compare Amorphium to that program they just aren't in the same league.

So lets go down to Strata 3D which is FREE, and again rather power, I think the Professional version is under US$300.

trueSpace - now this is an incredible package for about US$400 which actually competes on a technical level with the likes of Lightwave and 3D Studio Max.

Blender - again another free modler with Lightwave style layout. Aparently very powerful too.

I'm still keen to hear from those who have Amorphium and can show us some more examples.

Amorphium I must admit does sound very good, but one thing that rasies questions is the use of QuickTime for the SWF viewing? Amorphium can write the SWF but doesn't include the Flash Player or is this for the demo only??

I for one am very keen to see the differences between Amorpium and Swift products. WorldWideMan, how about posting the 3DS file for the robot and I can import it into 3D Studio Max and convert it....and someone with the Vecta 3D Plugin can test it there too??

I do not disagree that Amorphium 1.0 distributed by Play was very TOY like...

Amorphium PRO is not the same program. It has substantially changed. More than you could ever imagine. Download it today and try it out.

New examples are now up on our website. See for yourself the renders it has done! Go to http://www.amorphium.com. Click on both new gallery and flash examples. I guarantee you won't think it is a toy anymore!

I will try to put that robot up somehow!

Regards...

Gerbick's arch Nemisis
    Originally posted by worldwideman

I will try to put that robot up somehow!
    Excellent...this will be good.

If Amorpium is a great as the words and promises seem then I'm all for it. And if it allows the import of 3DS and DXF files then the export to SWF it may just give Swift 3D v2 a run for it's money

So lets see how it stacks up...

Gerbick's arch Nemisis

First Test

If the SWF's below are too small use the Right button and ZOOM IN to see the edges. There is a big difference

[swf width="240" height="240" background="#FFCC00"]http://www15.brinkster.com/MrK/_Demo/block.swf[/swf]
    This is a cube create in Amorphium by World Wide Man. It is 8kb in size.

[swf width="240" height="240" background="#FFCC00"]http://www15.brinkster.com/MrK/_Demo/box-Outline-Average.swf[/swf]
    This is a cube rendered in Swift 3D. The Anim is 25 frames, the box has 18 edges. The Options were Hairline Outline and Average Fill. This is 4.79Kb

[swf width="240" height="240" background="#FFCC00"]http://www15.brinkster.com/MrK/_Demo/box-Outline-Area02.swf[/swf]
    This is the same cube. Again 25 Frames, 18 edges, but with the fill changed to AREA fill. This is 7.8Kb

One thing I noticed with the Amorphium one is that the edges are VERY untidy, and there are little "bits" that get lost around the outside edge. The URL for each is below if you want a closer look.

http://www15.brinkster.com/MrK/_Demo/block.swf
    http://www15.brinkster.com/MrK/_Demo...ne-Average.swf
    http://www15.brinkster.com/MrK/_Demo...ine-Area02.swf
    [Edited by Mr K on 01-16-2001 at 11:11 PM]