dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Strata 3d.... Caligari...

Hi -

I've been using strata 3d for a while... i've got other 3d progs too, incl. caligari truespace 4..

I'm wondering if there is any 3rd party (or otherwise) stuff for getting / translating models and animations from these for use in flash.

thanks!

if they export as swf, you can use swift 3d or vecta.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    You can save your models out as strata models and covert them using programs like viewpoint or win3d and bring them into either Swift3d or Amorphium Pro. If you have 3D max you can export using a plugin straight to the swf file format.

Amporhium is a great model environment and has some very advanced features. Its gradient renders are a weak but the cartoon shading is excellent.

Swift on the other hand has a very nice and easy environmet and is a bit cheaper than AP. S3D exports the best photo realistic imagaes as vector output. And Version 2 looks to be killer.

Tough choices to make. You can learn more about both programs in an upcoming book by friends of ed. Flash 5 Studio. I did a chapter on the various 3D solutions for flash. Regards, Bill