A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any Mac users having memory problems with Flash 5?

I'm curious if any other mac users out there are having type 2 or 3 errors when using medium to large file sizes
    (100k - 1MB) in Flash 5? I'm running a Powerbook 2000 G3 400 w/196 MB of Ram, and up until now I haven't had a problem (although the largest file I've done up till now is 50k). Please, if anyone knows of a fix or patch let me know because this memory error and freeze ups are driving me INSANE!!!

Thanks

Humm... I never had a crash under Flash 5 (or 4). I have a G4 400 with 448 RAM. I worked with a 1.7MB file, made with F 4 on a PC with 64 RAM, on my G4 with flash 5 and no problems... maybe you need to alocate more memory to your flash application!

I've never had this problem with Flash 4 or on my PC. I'm allocating 128 MB to Flash 5, and while I'd love a new G4 powerbook with half a gig of memory that isn't a logical solution to this problem. I had thought that last month there was a thread about MAcs and Flash 5 causing crashes. I could have dreamed it (I've been dreaming in Flash ever since I got my ver 5 copy, I just can't pry myself away ). I appreciate the help.