A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need help with maze type game.

I've been trying to create this type of game..ok the story so far:
    I've been looking for the site for games, and I've found out an idea to create game based on mase type. you basically have a top view of a house and inside the house there are a lot of bugs(many type) wandering around and your job(as the hero) is to kill all of em. sounds simple uh? not really.. I've been having dificulties with the scripting. I don't know how to create a constraint so the hero can't go pass the wall and I want the hero to follow the direction of the mouse and facing that direction when he moves. and when you clik on the bugs, he move in to them, and shoots spray and when the spreay hts the bugs, it dies.

so far I've been asking jobem2 and flashguru and taken jobem2 script(tutorial) but it doesn't seem to be working properly like i wanted. so I ask flashguru which is willing to help me with it, but so far have not got any news from him yet..so if anyone be able to help me with this i'll be glad to send the fla via email.

contact me on ICQ:24856652 or email me kyo@osaka.org

Hey welcome to my world, Ok here is what I would suggest you to do.
    1. About the mouse moving and stuff. look for the PathFinding example done by rsnail in the movie section.
    2. About the maze I woul suggest if you use tiles.
    here is how is done Ill give you the basic logic you have to do the scripting.
    1. the hero moves evryware by default.
    2. the hero has to step on a tile and a move will be disabled.
    3. you have to create 4 tiles for the 4 directions.
    position those tiles arround the objects and walls.
    See what I mean ?
    Mad_sci
    PS each tile looks for the heros _x and _y or distance
    whish you luck

???

Mad-sci: I don't get what you mean by moving in tiles? does it mean that you have to set the tile 1 by 1? that would be to much hazzle isn't it? I've tried and downloaded the file called pathfinding created by rsnail, that's kinda the navigation of the hero that i want except you don't have to click on the hero everytime you want to move him, it just follows your mouse automatically. I don't have enough more time to think of the complicated logic. cos this is due in 2 weeks time. I have to allocate someone to do the scripting for me if possible. can you do this? or anyone?

email me for the fla fila. kyo@osaka.org
    ICQ no: 24856652

Wow, I hope you didn’t bite off more then you can chew. Ok I probably wont have much to do at work tomorrow (Monday), so I might have time to help you out, but I will need to know what you have got so far and what you need. In addition it would help to know haw you are planing to go about doing it! Haw have you accomplished your goals thus far? What is not working that you have tried? So I can try to solve problems in a way that might be more productive for you.

I don’t know haw much of a help I can be, but every one here will more then likely try there best to help!

Good Luck!