A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

a.k.a [7R0J4N]
    FK infection

I feel that the games were good, but people picking this for the contest should have a veriety, instead of picking pure games and 1 other thing, maybe have 1 game winner, 1 design winner, and 1 interactive footer, then everyone will have a chance to win

UHH, not to stir up trouble , but I noticed the winning footers were not all posted in December? the winners was not for sure, and either was marios for sure (his was the footer with the snowflakes). And when I look at what is supposed to be the December footers thread, it shows my Janauary footer not the one I entered in the contest. I would really like to know what footer I was judged on would'nt you? and why the ones that where changed after the thread closed, won. This is simply wrong, this contest was a farce.

this is what I should have been judged on.

[swf width="300" height="50" background="#000000"]http://geocities.com/tammifooter/ballboxfooter.swf[/swf]

[Edited by tammit1971 on 01-15-2001 at 02:57 PM]

So, umm I couldn't find out how we submit a footer for the contest?? or do we just make one and it's automatic?? thanks, KC

Re: ----

Originally posted by yanbuzz
    As 4 you tammit1971, if you were talking about MY footer. Yes I changed it
    Yes, I was talking about your footer and mario's. But I was not attacking you two, Your footers are good (WELL DONE)!

I was pointing out the fact that I am upset that I obviously was not judged on the footer I entered and find that unfair. I also find it unfair that footers that won, were never entered in the contest. This in no way reflects on you.

And also (just in case you did not know) I see nothing wrong with games winning. they take just as much (if not) more skill, as anything else does.

Congratualations
    [Edited by tammit1971 on 01-15-2001 at 02:51 PM]

Congratulations to the winners

Keep up the good work

congrats
    I loved the first footer very much
    I wrote iLKaN and it gave me

Guys, thank you for selecting me as the weener.
    This means a lot to me. There were so many awesome footers I don't see why they picked mine.
    Was it the money that I've sent them?

Well, thank you again Dan
    PS: I didn't really sent them any money.

As tammit noticed correctly the footer that I intentionally put into the competition was the one with the snowflakes. Actually I wanted to take the one that was chosen now into the January contest.

I can't say that I'm unhappy with the curent outcome, but I simply wonder how that could happen.

Mario

Oh yes - and of course thanks to the jury. And to my mum. And to my great team that supported me through all the hard times. Not to forget the designer that created this wonderful background color that made my footer look so good. I hope I can use my title now to make the world a better place so that other young flash talents feel inspired to follow on the enlightening path of flash design.

[Edited by coma2mario on 01-15-2001 at 05:47 PM]

MOD wannabe

sorry tammit

Sorry tammit...

I admit i was rude. It's just that i got out of my peaceful chair when i saw poeple (That were teling me my footer rocks, even asked me the code) crying in this threads about all this game issue...

I'M really desapointed to see how ppl are great with you until the jalously cry when there are contest. Like i said, i agree about picking only games and no desing works. That's why i dont think i deserve this winning statue. But please! Poeple! dont start saying it SUCKS....!!! We could all start a silly jalousy war that would lead nowhere.....

O.K....This is my last topic on this. I consider the case closed.

Congratulations to the weiners,er I mean winners. LOL
    How do you go about putting a footer up for consideration

yeffer

damnit!

Where's my footer, I mean El Fins?! His rocked! I don't see it in the runners up section!

Just for the record, all your footers are great! and good job guys really.

i just wanted you know that what I said was not because I thought you should not win, I just thought flashkit should have judged with the original footer. I will enter my december footer again this month since it did not get judged in this contest and this time I will embed it so the right one gets judged!

But you guys deserved to win agains all the footers they saw, and games rock! Good luck this month too you guys. And maybe this months we won't have to wait forever for the results since flashkit is pretty much recovered from the server change and their holiday hangovers!

Rockon flashkit

When is the next competition?

Congrats! winners. Is there a competition every month?

resolved

Hmm.. I liked the winner's footer.. but there were others I would have ranked above it :| But anyways I'm not a judge so my opinion means nothing Would someone answer the question of HOW exactly you submit your footer into the next contest? Is there a form to fill out.. and if so.. where? Thanks

They post it every month in the lounge. They normaly have it posted by now. hmmm.......flashkit must be really busy latley.

Smile source for footer

just wanted to let everyone know you can find the source for my Nov. footer at..

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Basic...38/index.shtml

Talking Action script \ games

hey , first post
    Well, just wanted to say what i think...

i think we should have two competions..

One for designing
    2nd for coding

Though i code much better then i design.. i still think design'ers should at least have a shot.

All i gotta say, waves

Originally posted by tammit1971
    i just wanted you know that what I said was not because I thought you should not win, I just thought flashkit should have judged with the original footer. I will enter my december footer again this month since it did not get judged in this contest and this time I will embed it so the right one gets judged!

But you guys deserved to win agains all the footers they saw, and games rock! Good luck this month too you guys. And maybe this months we won't have to wait forever for the results since flashkit is pretty much recovered from the server change and their holiday hangovers!

Rockon flashkit
    For the record, I'm pretty sure they got too busy and only judged them on the 15th of January. I didn't see many of these footers in the competition. Hopefully they will judge them the first of the month so we can change our footers after that without the new one's being judged. The holidays messed alot of us up!

Wonder when (and if) there will be another contest? I like the category idea, but is that too much work for them? They have such great content on this site (I tell everyone who listens) that I hate to have them spend so much time on making contests fair? equal? or whatever the word is for everyone.

Killer site Flashkit! You rule.

DJ_SFinKz
    isn't it all warm and fuzzy lol