A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load Movie "Level"

The Flashkit Mama
    hi all ,
    is it possible that when we load movie within swish we can set the other movie mode to transparent . like multiplying each other or running both of them at the alpha value of 50, so that people can view that one movie is running .

db

Choice Bro!
    Hi aabirnisar,

Your Main movie's background will remain the same. However, all loaded movies will have transparent backgrounds, therefore everything will be visible. If take a look at my footer you will notice the flames which are on level 0. The words are on the next level (1). If I were to move the text over the fire then you would see the flames around the text. If set the text to an alpha value of 50 then you would start to see the flames through the text.

Cheers

Rich

The Flashkit Mama

sorry but need help

hi Rich ,
    buddy i dont know how i made it under yur guidance , but now i m a bit stuck i cant hac the idea of what to do . first tell me is it the how we do it :
    place the text or whatever then we load the others movie but as i do this my movie jumps from the frist movie to the second one . so it becomes the parent movie . also how do i do that transparent windowless thing . i hav done it before but u know i forget it .
    it was like , both the two movies was running within there mode but the settings were set to the parent 1 in which i posted the action to load the movie .
    so can u help me through .

db

Here's a little tutorial I did a few days back ... you need IE to view the page. Let me know if you get any errors.
    http://www.joevelez.com/loadmovie.htm
    Drag the boxes ...
    [Edited by velez on 01-24-2001 at 03:56 AM]

The Flashkit Mama

Thnx

hi there,
    thnx for yur reply , but by the time i did it myself . n e way thnx man . so tell me how do v do that transparency thing . windowless option , transparent window & opaque window .

db