A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A south Australian with a very unique question!

Smile

I have put this question up before on the board and I thankyou all for responding. But Im still don't have the answer. I want to use Flash as a standalone to produce an application that will tell me the longatude andlatitude of
    a marine map. I would like to have a cross hair that is moved by the mouse and will highlight the lat and long of that part of the map.This would be shown in a box on the site of the interface. I would also like to have a read out of what fish could be caught her in a text box on the interface as well.If it can be done in flash I would be very happy, but I may need to have it done in java.

Regards
    Steve Szasz
    http://www.newangler.com

From what I can tell, you can do that in Flash no problem. You'll have to use actionscripting to accomplish you goals. Read up on the tutorials here at Flashkit on actionscripting - it should help greatly with your project. Also there are many helpful members here on the board that can answer almost any question about flash...someone is bound to know your answer.

Hi, This might help... After you set up the screen Long and Lat, You will resize your pic to match accordingly.
    Haven't done it myself, but i would go about it this way

CARP

If you know how to do a basic crosshair drag that outputs the X and Y position on the screen then you can just modify the actionscript to give the Long and Lat as far as the box that shows what fish are in a certain area you can just make an invisible button with a rollover action that outputs what fish are available in that area in a box at the top of your screen. I have a fla for the crosshair drag if you would like i could send it to you just let me know. Anyway I hope that helps and good luck.

FK Bored Crew

Will flash for food!

There's a tute on targeting crosshairs at http://www.pipey.com/tutorials/crosshairs.asp

Hope this helps!

-fishee

Smile Thanks everyone

Thankyou verymuch everyone. You have headed me in the right direction and I thin I should be able to make something.What Im not sure because I am a newbie to flash, but by using this board Im sure ill get up to speed quickly.