dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: iam a newbie

Smile

Hey everyone, iam just new to this whole flash thing (got the flash like a week ago) and i was wondering if anyone could give me some basic tips on how to get started (i dont like the tutorial my brain wont take it in..lol
    i know how to make certain things example. zoom in pics, zoom out , text and some other things. But my flash looks really bad! so i would like to know how to make fading text and how to make pics fade in and out.
    (err iam asking quite alot here ) Does anyone know how to make the effect that is like a camera which keeps your words still but go's all the way from left to right?
    ehehe if anyone could explain this all to me it would be a HUGE help!
    thanks

well as far as fading make what ever you want to fade a symbol or groub the object then double click on it and choose the color effect tab go to alpha and put it zero on the first frame then on the last put it on 95%-100% hope this helps

Thanks alot matey! arrr by the way did i tell that one day i will be a famous pirate! ARRRRG

cool name...sephiroth inspired?

anyways, yeah, for help. use the samples included in flash...they may seem like ughhhghg!!! but trust me, they do teach you A LOT of the basics and you can grow from there.. go HELP->LESSONS..or something like that... try it, it works! happy flashing!