A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animating a light - In your face! HELP PLEASE

Lightbulb

Hello,

I need an example of a light being shone in your face (ie, pointing out from the screen), then panning out to the top left of screen. But I need the beam of light from the base of the light to be visible. Also, at the end of the light I need their to be an eluminating logo. Sort of similar to the way the Batman logo was put across the skys, when they wanted him.

So... can anyone help me out?

Thanks in Advance...

--> B L U R

------------------
    --> B L U R
    --> www.rgbdesign.com.au

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

I think the best you can do for light coming towards you is going to be the ray of light example in the movie section. You dont have a real source of lite to work with. Its going to take alot of little gradients and time to make it look right. Once you get past that part of the project you'll understand light enough to make the logo happen. You should study how light works. get into a dark room with a pack of smokes. put some objects on a table with a black cloth under them. have a flash lite and start smoking. blow the smoke in the beam of the light and have the light intersect with the objects on the table. this way you can see how shadows fall and move and how light reacts. Pay special attention to the way the light varies. This is the secret to making convincing light motion. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

[This message has been edited by Pope de Flash (edited 06 March 2000).]