A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bitmap effects in typographic.com. Help!

Hybrid View

Question

I posted a doubt ealier this month here and got some great replies, they helped a lot.
    But now I finally found what I was looking for. If you go to www.typographic.com and check out their bitmaps, you'll see what I was trying to do all this time. Still, without an especific filter, I'm not able to get that look. I need some help from you, cause I know there are some great designers out there and Photoshop is mastered bu most(not me though). My thing is Flash really...
    Anyways, PLEASE could any of you tell me how they do that? How do I get my images to look "digitalized" like that? With those tiny horizontal lines...
    PLEASE.

thanks in advance.

------------------
    ::viana::
    tunnelvision-project.com

Smile

Hi
    What software do you have to edit bitmaps?

I can tell you this
    PhotoShop
    and PhotoImpact have presets that can be used to create effects like that to photos.

It is easy really...you'd be suprised.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Do you have fireworks? If you do I will send you a sample file. Then you can see how and what filters were used to do it. Because of your post I found out about the 2x2 filter in fireworks, I use to do it with lines by hand. Now it takes seconds. So thanks! Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Red face

hey pope,
    about the 2x2 filter, i think macromedia had taken it out from firework 3.
    my company upgrade the firework 2 to firework 3 and i no longer find that filter anymore.

therefore, i wonder are you using firework 2 or 3 ?? and do you have any idea of how to put the 2x2 filter into firework 3 ??

one more thing, macromedia also take away the photoptic filter from the firework 3, it suck .

Thanks in advance.

Lightbulb

They do have th 2x2 lines in Fireworks 3, but as a texture. However, it's somewhat hidden in a "style" and not along with the builtin textures in the drop down menu.
    Try selecting the style and it should show up in the textures menu afterwards.

And thanks Pope! Yeah those 2x2 lines help alot but still they look too big for what I want. If you saw those bitmaps you could notice how thin the lines look what gives a "digitalized" look to their images. Couldn't get that look with 2x2. And drawing by hand does not solve my problem...

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yeenhin:
    hey pope,
    about the 2x2 filter, i think macromedia had taken it out from firework 3.
    my company upgrade the firework 2 to firework 3 and i no longer find that filter anymore.

therefore, i wonder are you using firework 2 or 3 ?? and do you have any idea of how to put the 2x2 filter into firework 3 ??

one more thing, macromedia also take away the photoptic filter from the firework 3, it suck .

Thanks in advance.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    tunnelvision-project.com

I use Photoshop. I have tried to get that look using it but got nowhere...
    Could you be more specific please?

thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jydnas:
    Hi
    What software do you have to edit bitmaps?

I can tell you this
    PhotoShop
    and PhotoImpact have presets that can be used to create effects like that to photos.

It is easy really...you'd be suprised.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    tunnelvision-project.com