A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wav Editing

FK Times - Head Publisher
    FK Board Heavyweight

When you save it to your hard drive, that is how it is done. Another one of those great decisions by those wacky guys over at Macromedia

Decknician<BR>My weapon of choice ....<BR>the Turntable
    in my oppinion you should never cut down your sound quality, ever.
    If it wont fit (and lets be honest - at 40 megs you'd have to be out of your mind to try and make it) cut the loop length down, not the quality.
    Another thing, get Flash 5, you can use MP3 straight off. Better still get a 3rd party and stream it, it tears strips off the way you're doing it. (real audio make some wicked software to do this, but many ppl hate using real - but hey is life ever simple? NO! MS media is another big gun in the streaming audio field but then again MS is other ppl's no go),
    Otherwise, as a last option, cut it into bars of 4 or 8 beats and save each one as a loop (i never have a loop longer than about 12 seconds, usually about 4-6secs), use actionscript to play one, then two then three and so on.. if you do with AS you can make everything more interfaced and the user will be able to do things like volume up and down (on a slider switch) skip sections/loops repeat one loop over and over, and the rest, anything to catch their attention. Im not going into it cos i dont use flash to control the actual audio unless im just using effects or weedy loops, it is so crap at handling audio it will leave you hairless.

You really should get Flash 5, v.4 is w**k! i mean - come on WAV only?? Macromedia need knocking out for that.

p.s.
    As old wives say quality is allways better than quantity!
    [Edited by djswerve on 01-20-2001 at 07:22 PM]

FK Times - Head Publisher
    FK Board Heavyweight

If you are looking for streaming sofeware, check out Sound Forge. They have the ONLY professional streaming ware out there now, if you can afford it.

Super Slick...I got flash5, and embedded an mp3....one drawback...It kills my streaming. Where I had a 512k bulk download/wait with the .wav, i now have a 2.04M download/wait with the .mp3..what's goin' on here? any clues as to how i can kill that wait (makes my preloader appear to lock up at 2%) and get it to stream from the get go?

Thanks...