A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Press Release help

Just won an award for some work done for a client. I'd like to do a press release but have never done one. Never thought I'd need one. Does anybody have experience with Press releases?

Thanks so much for posting so much about the subject. You've explained it thoroughly and I'm completely square away. Thanks so much for making the effort to respond to my post. It's greatly appreciated.

One more thing since i don't have a clue. The work was done for an extremely well know company. The award is one that is recognized in the Flash-web field. Do I send it out to anybody and if I do...to whom should it go. Sorry to be so ignorant about this topic...

no, no not site of the day. I understand that wouldn't really be appropriate for a press release. I'll fill you in on the client and the award in a day or so, when the company announces it. It's a national news company here in NYC.

Thanks again for your help. Definetly Pratt or Parsons if you can. You'll have a blast.

Hi Kelly
    I've sent out a few press releases, too.
    One interesting thing that i found was that most news organizations - newspapers, radio, etc - would rather receive emails than hard copy and many will ignore (or even not open) anything other than plain text formatted email. These places are very careful about viruses, etc. which often come in the form of an email attachment.
    Since you're in the NYC area, getting attention might be tough. Try to find out the name and email address of the editors of the paper, mags, etc. abnd send out as many as you can find addresses for. Some follow up phone calls might not hurt, either.
    Best of luck and congrats on the award,

Thank you -- i'll be sure to take your advice. Thanks for your suggestions.