A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing into Vecta 3D. . . . .

Ok i creating a image in 3D Studio MAX R3. I exported the image in .3ds format. . . .from there i opened up Vecta 3D and opened up the .3ds file i saved from 3D studio MAX R3 and my image was messed up with the parts all over the place what did i do wrong?

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Hi Steve!

You may have done nothing wrong.

Have you tried Swift3D (at least the trial version)? If Swift3D imports and correctly renders the scene, then you have a problem with Vecta. If you send me the .3DS file, I can run this check for you. I can also render it with the Vecta3D-MAX plug-in if that would be of interest to you.

Good luck!

RE

I think i may have saved it wrong . . .how would i go about saving it? Like gimmi a step by step tutorial with what menus to go to. . .thanks

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

File | Export

default type should be .3DS (under 'Save As Type'). After you select a file name and click on 'Save', you should see a dialog box that says,

'Preserve MAX's Texture Coordinates'. The default is checked - should not make a difference for your application. Click on 'OK.'

You should be able to reset MAX (File | Reset) and import (File | Import) your .3DS file into the new scene. That will verify that you saved the file correctly.

hth

Thumbs up no problem vecta sucks

Sorry to have to break it to you, but Vecta 3D sucks. I have it, I know. What you are describing is normal sucky Vecta behavior. You have done nothing wrong, Vecta is just, once again I reiterate, SUCKY!
    I myself am thinking of buying Swift 3D, but I have the trial and it is a lot slower and has some little mistakes too.
    So, I just say, stop with all the damn 3d Flash crap. At least until someone comes out with a good renderer.

JP