A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who reads Cre@te Online?

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    I discovered Flashkit in August thanks to this wonderful English magazine... I read number 3 and then I went back to Catalonia... I read it, and re-read it for ages!

This Xmas I decided to suscribe. Is a wonderful magazine, and together with FK is my principal source of inspiration...

Issue number 8 is a wonderful work about navigation... a must!

Regards,
    david

Yeah phooka - me 2! I looked at it a couple of times and bought the issue that was on Salaries - ARE YOU WORTH £200K? Issue 6. (Got it on my lap right now) Very interesting... So I subscribed. Whats in Issue 8 - havent got it yet...

Ruggers

As I said, that issue is called the "Navigation Issue". But I prefered another article, one that refered to how web designs could improve by taking some guidelines from videogaming...

That inspired me to re-design my web site!

They've created a new section for training and learning... is a bit like FK, they keep on growing and adding small goodies here and there!

Regards,
    David

Oh Phook dude cool! I JUST subscribed a few days ago, i'm so excited! I've been reading Fortune, but thats more business, this will be about DESIGN! YES!

Hi Peeps!

Yeah - I subscribed to this one a few months back. IMHO it's THE magazine for professional web developers [err...sounds like marketting speak - yuck]. It's got great content and an inspiring design! [in Homer speak] sacrilicious!!!!

Regards,

Steve

Originally posted by NETbreed
    Hi Peeps!

Yeah - I subscribed to this one a few months back. IMHO it's THE magazine for professional web developers [err...sounds like marketting speak - yuck]. It's got great content and an inspiring design! [in Homer speak] sacrilicious!!!!

Regards,

Steve
    Steve! Whats up man? Long time no talk... heres a question you can answer: how longs it take to get to your house?! I'm so excited... I subscribed Monday...

Senior Moderator
    Create online has to be the best magazine for web desingers/developers.

Full of intesrting articles, full of cool sites, looks nice and its down to earth!

Plus the navigation issue last week rocked!

Hey DO - Indeed long time no talk! How you doing?

I'm assuming you mean how long does CO take to get to my house [rather than how long would it take you ]. being as I'm in the UK I would get, say, the February issue near the beginnig of January [strage eh?].

Guy: I see you're a fan too! Did u catch issue #1???

Regards,

Steve

vestaxboy
    Hey, so what's their addy? How can i check out "the magazine for website designers?" Can I get it at like my local Barnes and Noble? Thanks,

Senior Moderator
    yes i got all the issues in the office!

http://www.createonline.co.uk

Must be a European magazine? Don't think we get it in the cold reaches of Canada, heh. I'd like to check it out though.

It's a British web design/internet magazine, and it rules.

for those of you in the US, you can likely find it at any Barnes & Noble, good luck with it becuase it seems they only get 5 copies at the most.

If you have a store called Magazine Superstand (one of God's many gifts to my life, I read around 12 magazines a month) they usually seem to get around 12 issues.

It's a great magazine, don't know what I would do without it.

If in the US, be prepared to pay $15 an issue.

mg33

caithness massiv
    if it wasn't obvious, here's the website:

http://www.createonline.co.uk

i think you can subscribe online, too... i ran into it at CompUSA of all places !!! it was so intriguing to me... (issue 002) the banner is dead... what a great cover and the content was wonderful... i love it

Samuel C. Granato
    Multimedia Utopia

This is why I am going to start hanging out in the boardroom--post like these.

I actually have a subscription--so expensive over here(Texas)--but, is one of my favorite magazines. I have issue 1-8. I also get "Computer Arts"--which I think is pretty cool too.--Has anyone heard of "Digital Publishing Design Graphics"? It's a Aussie Magazine--The only reason I bring it up is because Mark Fennell has ray of light tutorial feature in it. Which I thought was pretty cool. They stopped stocking those mags at Barnes & Noble--damn shame.

d

[Edited by diavolo on 01-20-2001 at 03:40 AM]

i subscribed a few days ago.. scary!

It's difficult to find the magazine in England too. It looks like with the first 3 issues they made far too much production and there was not enough demand (after all is quite an especialized magazine). They did cut a part of the production, so lots of places in England would receive only 2-3 issues or not even one!

In Issue number 8 they said that this problem will be solved ASAP. However, I wanted to make sure I got all the Issues so I suscribed...

I aggree, Guy, the Issue about interfaces is absolutely great... I've looked at all the sites there and I always feel the same: wonderful... but I can do better! That is one of the best features of the magazine, it motivates you to go in front of the computer and work!

BTW, who liked the article about how videogaming could affect the way we design? It honestly made me go ballistic!

Regards,

Austrian Superstar
    do you think I'll have to pay much mail-fees (sorry don't know the expression in english) to subscribe in AUSTRIA? (not AUSTRALIA )

Originally posted by SSurfer
    do you think I'll have to pay much mail-fees (sorry don't know the expression in english) to subscribe in AUSTRIA? (not AUSTRALIA )
    It's 50 british pounds for 13 issues a year... 13000 pesetas... and I don't have a clue about Austrian Currency! However: the spanish peseta is very low comparing to pounds, and I still think the deal is a wonder! Check it out!

(BTW, I am not getting money for this ppl! )

Austrian Superstar
    how about looking it up on their website -
    that's what I've just done

dammit-you can only pay by credit card, I don't have one

Austrian Superstar
    maybe I should tell me next customer "don't pay me, just send me a subscritption of cre@te online"