A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to implement actions PLAY in begining and STOP in ending of current scene

Arrow

Hi all

I am implementing Navigation bar to browse Flash presentation. When i press the NEXT button in the PRESENT SCENE, it should START PLAYing at the FIRST FRAME in the NEXT SCENE and STOP PLAYing at the LAST FRAME in the same scene.HOw should i implement this logic?

At the time I write the NEXT BUTTON of PRESENT SCENE to file i don't know how many frames will be created in the NEXT SCENE.

any one can please help me
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Lavanya

You could simply use LoadMovie commands to load different SWFs, otherwise, use the GotoFrame actions (current_frame + distance...you don't need to know the # of frames in the next scene, only the current scene).

--Jesse

then what is this DISTANCE stands for?

Originally posted by JAEzell
    You could simply use LoadMovie commands to load different SWFs, otherwise, use the GotoFrame actions (current_frame + distance...you don't need to know the # of frames in the next scene, only the current scene).

--Jesse

Originally posted by Lavanya
    then what is this DISTANCE stands for?
    Say if the first scene has a grand total of 100 frames, and the second scene start at frame 101. Then for the button, you would have a "GotoFrame 101" ActionRecord.

Exclamation

Originally posted by Lavanya
    Hi all

I am implementing Navigation bar to browse Flash presentation. When i press the NEXT button in the PRESENT SCENE, it should START PLAYing at the FIRST FRAME in the NEXT SCENE and STOP PLAYing at the LAST FRAME in the same scene.HOw should i implement this logic?

At the time I write the NEXT BUTTON of PRESENT SCENE to file i don't know how many frames will be created in the NEXT SCENE.

any one can please help me
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Lavanya