A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: do u allow your "creative" clients "to take part in the work"?

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    dear flashkit members,

could u please tell me what do u think concerning the following question:

should one allow "creative" clients "to take part in the work"?

clearly, web designers should take into account remarks and wishes of clients. but how far can that go? some clients ask "change this" and "change that" even when they are very much satisfied with the work... simply because it is a pleasant thing to take part in a creative process. and very often the client does not understand, that his idea is too stupid...

do u allow this? do u have measures against that?

thank you very much in advance.

i feel that we work for a client, therefore he should have complete control. i make them aware of limitations (file size, speed, etc), and they usually are agreeable.

this is a boardroom topic, this forum is for flashkit suggestions and bug reports only.

Senior Moderator
    It is best to arrange a meeting with a client and find out there requirements, then from there requirements arrange a price, put the price on an officalt agreement which states any additions will have to be payed for.

Simple

I have also had this problem. Before you start designing the page, let your client know that you will use some of their input but not all. After all, you are the professional and if you had to take all of their advice, they might as well have used a WYSIWYG to design the page.