A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: suggestion

I think it would help 90% of the people on these boards if you made a pricing page on FlashKit. Eveyrone wonders what to charge, evn the pros. Some people think $30/hour is good, some think $120/hour is good.

If you could make a chart with the help of professionals on what type of flash work is worth what money then this would help the whole community.

You can have something like'

$30-$50/hour : "give links to this quality work here"
    $50-80/hour : " "

etc. you could make a nice chart showing what people shouldd or can charge and they can show it to their clients so they know they wont be ripped off.

You could aalso have a chart that shows prices by project itself. Like $1500 for this site, or $800 for this intro. Many clients would rather charge by the product itself because people work at differnt speeds, and they can't actually tell how manay hours you worked on a project.

Like someone said at [url]http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php threadid=79821[\url]

It is the new people whoa re dragging down prices because they charge less than they should and clients will go with the cheaper people.

If you could do this I would be glad to help, and a page like that could have huge impacts on the flash business.
    Advantages-

-it would give newbies a place to learn how to charge
    -people could show the page to clients to convince them of what price is good to charge
    -it would raise the prices for everyone by creating a standards
    -and it would effect almost all flashers because this is the biggest flash resource site and all flashers will see the page eventually. Prices will gradually go up because clients wont be able to find people that hire for $30/hour anymore.

Please take this idea into consideration FlashKit. It would be a tremendous addition to your site.

And anyone else who reads this...if you agree, please reply to this post. Thanks.

i guess it wouldn't hurt

but who would set the standards? it all depends on how good you are, who your clients are, your connections ext.

You can't have the same price for everyone.

I personally think you should make the site as best as u can, not just for how much its worth.

I wouldn't want someone I hired to be like, "oh She's not giving me alot so I'll do a half-assed job"

that would suck.

I think this is a personal choice.

We could have people from these forums who make profeessional sites set the prices. And if someone decides to make a 1/2 ass site then they just won't end up getting paid, and it won't help their portfolio.

Senior Moderator
    unfortuneatley even though i see the need for something like this, its not that easy as flashkit has visitors from all around the world, meaning different currencies and different pring structures, plus it is even hard to sum up a generalised price that will suit everyone.

We all expect differnt things and we all have different clients if you see what i mean!

Something worth thinkign about though i admit!