A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Site Tracking

Does anyone know of the site tracking possibiities of Flash, is there anyway of knowing what people are doing in a flash site. I will be using the load movie action to load each page into a template, so a way of seeing which .swf files are opened would be helpful.
    Any information would be very handy.
    Peter

I imagine that there is likely a way to do this that is easier than my idea.
    If you display your site in a frameset with a hidden frame, you can attach a getURL action at various points which loads an html page into the hidden frame. Each of those html pages can have its own hit counter - either a free counter thingy or an asp script. This won't really tell who's seeing what but, it will tell you if certain sections are more visited than others.
    You would probably get a better crop of replies to this in the Actionscript forums.

Each time you load a swf into your flash movie, it places a request with your webserver.

If you analyze your server logs, you should be able to see which files are being requested, and which aren't.

sie