A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading and Preloading

Lightbulb

Just something I'm curious about...
    If you use the ifframeloaded function to check if a frame is loaded does it take into account any additional movies loaded into your swf?
    For example if I have a preloader which checks to see if the last frame of its swf has loaded- if preloading has finished can I assume that the two or three .swf files (loaded into say levels 2 and 3) have also been loaded? or does the preloader (or ifframeloaded function in particular) just check to see if its own movie is loaded and not take into account additional movies?
    Sorry I cant explain any better- hopefully you'll know what I mean.

Urban Design Soldier
    I not sure, but you could put a preloader on the other swf files just to be sure looks smooth.

anyone else?

ok well, it will not load the other movies only iff the load movie command is executed within the pre-loader......otherwise it will only load the current time line/scene...

So if the ifframeloaded and loadmovie functions are in the same scene the additional movie is counted?
    And if the ifframeloaded movie is one scene and the loadmovie in another, the preloader will not take into account the additional movies?
    So how would you take these movies into account?
    Put an invisible instance into the preloader scene?