dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sizing/Creating a .exe movie

Hello all!! I have been trying for the longest time to create a movie that then links into an interactive UI. The problem is that when I create the movie (and play it in an .exe mode (because it will be placed on a CD-ROM)) it either expands or contracts based on the resolution and size of the window. I was thinking about putting it all in a table, but I don't know if it will work in a .exe file. You could imagine how all of my graphics expand and just look horrible. Thank you for your help!!!

hi sd

welcome to flashkit. i don't know if i really understand you whole prolbem. are you using external movie clips with Load/Unload? if you are that will affect the sizes of the screens as the play.

one thing to consider. when make flash files first of all go to Modify then Movie. you can edit the movie propertities. make your movie bigger there. that way when you publish it, the size will be bigger to start. also if you have external movie clips make sure they have the same movie sizes as well

i hope this is in the direction you were looking. if not let me know.

Bob S.

Thank you

Thank you for your response to my question. I am not using external movie clips. I am looking to produce interactive movies on business card cdr's. A number of movies that I have seen utilize the entire screen (regardless of what resolution is used). It is an exe file and it runs at full screen ( with no file menus). It is almost as if the movie (flash file) is within a movie and it is centered and kept at a constant size.

Hopefully this helps explain. Thank you.

sd

I've seen a couple of cd biz cards that do what you are saying but they are not in flash. They look good and the whole screen is a clickable link. The one's I have seen have way too much video in them to be flash. You may have seen different ones. The easiest for me to tell a flash movie is the title bar will appear. There is a program which you can hack it out of there but it seemed like a lot of work.

If you have seen one in flash I would be really interested in it. I'm tryin to do the same thing.

Bob S.

Flash File

I have posted an example of a movie on my site of another company that has done what I want to do. You can download it at http://www.dettcom.com/flash/example/example.zip. Take a look at this and let me know what you think.

Thanks!!!

sd

o.k. I got it. heck the answer was right under my nose all the time. all you have to do is add an FS Command on the first key frame of the movie. when you click on the FS Command you will see a box that says " for stand alone player" click on the down triangle. then click on the fullscreen true/false. it will give you the default of true. it works.

hope this helps

Bob S.

Flash File

That worked to a degree, the only thing is that it expands my images when it re-scales the window. Do you know how to keep the images and movie at the correct scale???

Thank you!!!