A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shaped CD (business cards)??

Does anyone hae links to different sites with good prces on blank business card or shaped CDs?
    various links are good for various prices
    thank you

I know someone that will make them @ 4$USD per up to 100, then the rates go down, glossy custom labels, vinyl sleeve and everything. Email me and I can pass along the contact info... superbean2000@email.com

Man, that sound like a good deal.

BTW, for future reference, how many MBs do the little CD cards hold?

Can you burn the info onto the CD card like a normal CD in a burner?

Thanks
    Rogue

I heared that there are many cd-romplayers that can't play not round shaped cd's!
    Keep this in mind before you spend a lot of money buying not round shaped cd's.

I haven't encountered any problems with them, and I have burned many of them without incident in normal burners. They hold 50 MB.

a Business card cd-rom (rectangular):
    Cd can contain max. 18 MB,
    Larger cd: 30 MB, 40 MB, 75 MB, 100 MB en 210 MB

Challenge the Conventional
    There's also a rather nice little bugg in them, than some card shapes spin so fast that the central frugal force of them spinning causes them to lift of the drive plate and fly into the back of the drive ..

nice !!

P

http://www.discmakers.com/cdrom/

Here is the best place that I have found, costwise & features, if you are looking to have them minted out-of-house.

If you want to buy a bunch of blank ones and some labels, try this:
    http://www.cds.com/special.htm

I prefer the smaller circular ones, that hold approx. 180MB, they look just as appealing and work better. The business card ones work in most CD-ROM drives, but make an awful noise when they spin.

cheers

the usual
    are there any places in the uk that sell these small cd's

Originally posted by U.P!
    I heared that there are many cd-romplayers that can't play not round shaped cd's!
    Keep this in mind before you spend a lot of money buying not round shaped cd's.
    Any slot-loading CD drive (read - all of the popular new IMacs) will not accept these die-cut CDs.

If you do choose to go with them, Discmakers has some of the best turnaround, prices, and services I have seen (they will even cut shapes to your specs).

what do you mean by slot loading??

We do digital cards to order - everything from content to production: Flash, Director, video work, etc. How many disks are you looking to produce, and how much of the content are you going to take care of? Prices will depend on how much work you want us to do.

Send details to info@focustribe.com for a price quote.
    http://www.focustribe.com/

----------

Side note: centripetal force cannot cause lift! The angular velocity cannot generate a pressure difference with a flat object (especially a disk).