A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Getting Expierence?

I'm starting to search for web designing jobs, and I have noticed that many of them are looking for people who have had a couple of years of expierence.

I'm going to finish my webdesign program this semester.
    And I'm just curious to as how to deal with people who are asking for more expierence. And what should I expect.

Thanks
    kmaier

derrickito
    get as much experience doing anything at all related as you can

if gramma wants a web page for her knitting group, make it. do it for free if you have to

if little susie wants a website for her barbie dolls, make it. and make it cool

if the candy company asks you to make a logo in exchange for 2 weeks of free candy.. get fat on candy.

basically.. get your ass out there and put your nose into any project that you can. if you have to create weird projects out of your head to make them .. DO IT. make up a space exploration research company, and presto, project. make up a bioresearch company and presto project.

do whatever you can to keep yourself building stuff. you will soon find that you have tons to add to a portfolio, even if its not professional "real company" work, it will usually demonstrate personal drive and show that you have the ability to get a job done. and the skills to do it.

and you'll learn a load of stuff you didnt know before along the way

at last someone who knows...

free, excellent word, good (got 2 b good) if you are good the rest will follow...

good luck.
    b.p

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    My experience is very small AW but I aggree fully with Derr...

Another thing: do not be scared of sending suggerences and ideas to Charities, especially well known ones. Some of them do not get too much income, so they web sites are in some cases pathetic.

By making one of them you could earn no money, but your portfolio would improve lots. I just received confirmation from a charity to develop an experimental site for them. It's stg very, very small, but if they like I would automatically be promoted to Guru status! (Of course that will probably never happen, but if you do not try there is no way to know... I want to know my real chances of success as a designer! )

good luck!

david