A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift 3D Trial Version Only - EPS and AI Bug

Hybrid View

Thumbs down

Bad news folks

I have just learned of a problem that applies only to our trial version. It has a bug in the importation of eps and ai files. It is not happening with all of these files, so you may have been succesful at accomplishing this.

We are in the process of solving this problem and will repost the trial when this bug is taken care of. To all of you that were pulling your hair out trying to import one of these formats, I truly apologize.

Hey DK, have you tried to import the .eps files in 5.0/5.5 format? I know that this fixes ALOT of import problems.

No, it's an actual problem in the trial version. It will not bring in filled AND outlined objects. It will bring in fills only, or outlines only.

I'm affraid that my import probs are so bad that it crashes every time I try to important an EPS or a AI.

What am I doing wrong ?

This version was downloaded from the site and then purchused. If that makes any diffrence ?

Cheers Phil

Phil:

If you purchased the trial version, go into the help menu and access the customer only website. Then download build 022 from the page you are connected to. This will solve your eps and ai problems as they relate to the trial version bug. Keep in mind that your imported objects must be closed objects (no stray lines).