dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Attention: Moderators

Can I please get some sort of reply to this form a moderator? Flashkit had become a necessity for me and getting Flash work done. I was forced into a job at my company because of a few things I had worked on, for self enjoyment and one of the creative directors happen to come across on the server. They basically changed my job title to Interactive Designer from Gopher.

I am still learning Flash everyday and Flashkit has proved to be the most valuable tool over and over again. But the degraded speeds and, what has become quite frequent - the inability to connect, has stressed out my job , which by no means I blame on Flashkit. That is not the intent of this post.

But I made a suggestion about self promotion, using t-shirts or mouse pads, anything along those lines, and sell it at a profit to Flashkit. I myself, and I'm sure other people would be willing to pay for these items if the money was being used to upgrade the database or whatever is at the source of this problem. I understand Flashkit has a fast growing member population and the constant hits it takes all day long from visitors puts serious strain on the database and server.

Is this problem being addressed currently and where does this fall onto the priority list of Flashkit? I'm sorry about the long post but this is on my priority list. I don't know if Flashkit ever intended to impact Flash developers this way, but it most certainly have. I would like to thank the entire Flashkit team for the work put into developing this site into what it is today.

PS - I'm desperate enough to send in a donation(please don't take that the wrong way)

well, im not a moderator, id just like to say that i agree with everything you said, and it's kinda the same with me. I'm making websites to different organizations and, and of course i need help everyday and every hour and flashkit has the best and most resources for us.
    thanks, Levi

good idea. that reminds me of a success story for an internet service called blogger. they were really slow, so they started a "server fund" see it here:
    http://www.blogger.com/server_fund.pyra

they sold mousepads, mugs, etc, and took donations through paypal. they ended up with 2 new ultrafast servers!

hey benglafreak, do you think you could bring this threads attention to other FK Team Members and/or Moderators, if indeed you think this is a good idea?

ugh

all the times i noticed the internet.com banner at the top left corner, i never stopped to think about that. i didnt realize internet.com purchased flashkit some time ago.

i renig this entire post as internet.com should be the recipient of these type of posts. do any moderators know what is the best email to send feedback such as this?

anyone think a script setup sending one of these a day would get any results? ~

Originally posted by tapo
    hey benglafreak, do you think you could bring this threads attention to other FK Team Members and/or Moderators, if indeed you think this is a good idea?
    try sending an email to the webmaster

The ideas that you have brought up for FlashKit to make some money are valid and they have all been brought up on other forums including the team board. These are among the plans that FK has for managing its growth.
    Right now, the way that FlashKit 'makes money' is with the banner ads that you see at the top and bottom of each page. Since FK is an Internet.com affiliate, the banners that promote other internet.com companies don't really bring in income. The other 5% or so do, though. The best way that the we can help FK to make enough money to pay for yet another server is to click on banners. As you may be aware, the advertising rate for a click-through on a banner is generally over 10x the rate for merely viewing the page upon which the ad is placed. Even clicking on internet.com affiliate's banners does improve FK's stats and makes banner space more lucrative and easier for the FK ad sales staff to sell.