A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Flash Kit v2.0 - Your ideas here!

* KEEP FLASH FREE!!!
    * Not 100% Flash!!!
    * Maybe servers in Europe, Asia, US, Australia for those
    who have a slow connection. Like the Tucows system.
    * Maybe ASP instead of HTML?
    * Merchandise....
    * Sponoring....

Well, that's what I've got to say about the new flash...

Looping Effect

As far as this Flaskit 2.0 is going, i think u guys should a Looping Effect, as in playing the Effects Over an Over....

Lightbulb just my $.02

First off it's hard to improve on a such a good site but I think you're headed in the right direction. Speed should be a main concern. MyFk should be a close second. As far as revenue generation goes I don't think you can charge people to use everything on the site or you'll start to lose the "community" side of the site. You could very easily charge for a few things though. Higher quality tutorials, maybe done by moderators, in response to the mosts popular posts. Leave the access for anyone to submit their own files and keep that free, but charge for the kick ass files. Maybe do like a "digest" cd of the most popular stuff and sell that. I know I'd pay to have Flashkit on cd in my collection. Just a few thoughts keep up the good work!

JUST to SAY

I just visited Ultrashock and I must say I am extremely impressed, and would like to tell you on version 2 Flashkit, beside all the new design please don't overuse stupid intros, no complicated forums, just plain vector Flash so it downloads better, faster and of course throw in a generator back -end and thats it.
    Although ulstrashock is very nice, it is a bit too grey.

Yours ORI

http://www.pureimage.co.uk
    [Edited by ORI on 04-17-2001 at 08:15 PM]

stick w/ HTML !!!!!!

please, please, please don't go 100% flash... HTML is what we need for speedy pages and downloads. if its gotta be fancy, throw in some DHTML/JAVA, but keep the flash far, far away. i don't think we want Flashkit to be an "experience", just a usable, clean resource.

Re: JUST to SAY

MONEY?
    I think you deserve a good multi million pound/dollar funding from macromedia for promoting its products to over 100.000 flash fanatics. Macromedia should wake up and sponsor you rightnow!!!

Faster!!!!!

No one can read me at page 9......

http://www.valueclick.com would definately sponsor you. 10-20 cents a click. I'd click. I love this site, but if you make it a pay site, I won't pay. I can't. Lots of the user base is under 18.... no credit cards, no checks (Maybe), no membership. I'd hate to leave, but i can find flash hhelp at a million other sites.

Lightbulb ¡¡¡En español, en español!!!

If I just could find something like Flashkit but in my own language...
    Why not?
    Something like:
    Buscas tutoriales en español?
    Visita nuestros foros de discusiones en español

I´m sure a lot of people will be glad.
    And not only for spanish. And I´m NOT talking about translate all the flashkit content. Ok? Just let the "anylanguage" community grows up by it self.

Another suggestion: a site whit more than a million cliks a day could get a big money from ads. That way users don't need to pay to much. You could make 2 versions. Payd one with out advertisements, and free one with lots of ad banners.

Keep on doing this GREAT job!

Build Engine Builder
    Sell CD's of site komponents. All Movies, tutorials, and even the komplete FK knowledge base kompressed on CD.

Is that legal?

Would be a ripper m8!!!

Wichser
    Hey whatever happened to v2, the new interface, navigation ? It looked promising. Mark, JStarkey?

Probably not a top priority but now since the servers are running fast maybe something going on along the lines of the new Fk look?

No wonder I've never seen this thread. This was made way before I joined.

My ideas (based on other boards which use the latest vB version)
    Ability to change your own title/avatar
    Personal Messaging
    That birthday feature as well (optional)

That's about it really.

why? why? why?

Why are so many people suggesting that they'd charge membership fees? Do you guys want to spend more money? The main reason I enjoy this site, and am a dedicated member, is because what it offers free of charge... Believe me.. If there was a charge.. I wouldn't be here.. and I bet many others would agree... So please don't charge for membership.

Chefgrad, this is a thread where we think of ways FK can MAKE MONEY.

I suggest deleting archived board material older than 4 months, and offering paying members the service of having their MyFK materials sent to them in the electronic format of their choice.

mbritton

that is obviouse, but there are other ways of making money than charging us... I read some good ideas on here..

Piss Artist
    when is this actually going to happen?

think of your own ways to earn money :-p

ways to make it work better imho

#1 tie in with google(or similar) as a site search. present one is useless

#2 strengthen bb, it's the core right now but creaky(eg this thread needs to be in less pages for skimming)

#3 'my fk' . great idea, but I never use it 'cos its too difficult to use, I would love to use it more. It repels me!

#4 php is ok .. but I hate the full reload for what should be just a menu expanding.and i'm on a quick connection

#5 movies section is full of great stuff, just takes me a coupla hours to find it thats all, search always fails me . again php hell.sort by rating needed

other suggestions ... well its mainly the php that slows my flow, subsections need to be more accesible without a rerender of the whole site structure

good luck with the cash !

add some kind of app so you can moniter your threads in realtime. Im sick of recieving email everytime someone replies. It should be a small file or download that sits in your system tray. It should just flash or make a noise when someone replies.

Im glad your changing fk, this version has been great, but its time for a total overhaul.

* Use Linux as your OS.
    * add some fkmessenger like yahoo, aol, or msn for real time conversation and maybe you can add some flash support on your fkmessenger for client's banners....in that way everybodies happy...people will get excited when they heard this, i think...
    * No membership fee pls...
    * THINK DIFFERENT...
    * Let me know if you use my idea's for implementing your site...coz I have to patent it..hehehehhe just kidding...

--mutant
    http://www.brendonco.cjb.net

Originally posted by dazza3
    when is this actually going to happen?
    This is an old thread. What makes any of you think it will still happen?

h