A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Kit v2.0 - Your ideas here!

On behalf of rampage363:

-------------------------------
    You could always become an affiliate of a site like amazon.com and start generating revenue on a commision bassis for books, cds, hardware and software you Recomend. Amazon gives you up to 15% commision and they stock most flash books and they also carry most flash software including all the flash upgrades. I would personally would buy a flashkit recomended book from amazon.com or even flashkit recomended software.

-------------------------------

dstewart

Nerd-Caster

Smile Will anyone see me this far back???

ok, it's been said before, and I'm pretty sure no one will see this post way back here, but...

1 - NO FEE FOR FLASHKIT! PLEASE!!!!! I love this site, but being independent makes it hard to float a site subscription.

2 - 2 versions of flashkit... one all in flash for us hi-speed no drag users, and an HTML one for when I (oops, I mean everyone) has to dial in on a laptop or some such.

3 - Go ASX! Let those who don't understand technology pay for our playgrounds.

4 - Get in touch with the Director OnLine Users group, they are all moving to flash anyway...

5 - Finally, HELP US NEWBIEES LEARN! We promise we won't take over your site traffic, and we have some great ideas too!

Just my humple onion...

-=SlavedHeart=-

FLASH vs HTML

From the way it seems none of you guys on this board have any faith in flash WHAT-SO-EVER! No wonder Flash has such a bad name in the usuability department. People like you guys on here think Flash has its place. Personally I feel Flash will overcome HTML in due time, and I want it that way, hopefully someone out their on this board feels the same. If not Flash will have no place on the web other than lame ass intros. see http://www.skipintro.com

Anything you can do in HTML 99% of the time you can do it in Flash faster, smaller, cleaner, scalable, and backend driven.

"Oh no a Flashed site that actually has REAL content" heaven forbid, lets stick with our silly intros with moving circles and ripped music.

Personally once Ultrashock opens I plan to spread the word.

*disgruntled even MORE*
    [Edited by B00MER on 02-05-2001 at 08:04 AM]

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...582#post416582

Mark/Trav etc There's a revolution going on about Freelancing - I feel there could/should be a whole room dedicated to Flash freelancing - just a suggestion...

All flash is the only way....

XML driven flash is the way to go. Flash doesn't necessarily=broadband (I think the above post touches on this). With sexy and Dynamic XML underneath...is there any other way? I'm certain that this is possible, adventageous, and must be the way...

Here is another idea that might be helpfull...

Because so many of us do business between many other countries, what about a currency converter!

Also, to raise money to support FK2... ...I would buy all of my Flash books from FK, if you sold them here... I would probably even buy all of my softwear here too!

What about...

I didn't read all of the replies but did anyone consider that instead of the Job Vacancy section make a section that people have to pay a small sum to advertise their skills there in hopes of getting hired and in turn remake the section into a whole...world, instead of it just being a thread. You could advertise heavily to potential employers and get more exposure too.

I love what you guys do. And Im so glad you are redesigning. Things have gotten a little slow.

But as long as you are taking input, I might as well throw in a word.

There is no easy way to view all of your posts. The only way to view all of them is if you find one of them and then go to to the view all posts area. There should be a link right there with the news groups.

Happy site replanning! cheers
    christian

design and finance ideas

OK... first of all, the design is already pimp, except I would change some colors and some images just to add some variety you know to keep it from becoming old hat...
    And I still remain the first person to suggest a donation system, like more of a fund than a subscription...
    Like I saw earlier in the boards...
    Put up a button and say something sappy like, "Give back to Flashkit" or "Ask not what your Flashkit can do for you, but what you can do for your Flashkit"...
    seriously guys I still maintain... do the math...
    100K+ members and growing every day... Some, maybe most, maybe all of the members, like me, owe most all of the knowledge they've learned to Flashkit...
    I just finished a video for a client (20 seconds) and sold it for a bargain at $200...
    I never could have dreamed that I could be 19 years old and sit on my butt for 5 hours, mess w/ my computer and come out w/ $200...
    I, and i'm sure, the rest of the members out there with any integrity or any sense of gratefulness for all Flashkit has done for us, would give at least $1 and much more than that in some cases...
    lets look at 100K members... $1 a piece...
    uhh...
    $100,000... that right there would account for some serious killer servers and content...
    I don't know if anyone agrees w/ me... I really don't care, but I will always be grateful to Flashkit for being there 24/7 (well except for the downtimes... lol) for me whenever I needed a mentor or a soundloop and all of that at no cost... Thanks Flashkit.. I'll shut up now

Lightbulb

squeeg, you've got a point. Other people have mentioned it before as well, giving donations to FK would be a great support from us. 100 000+ is a lot of members, if donations succsseed, then I really wonder how many people will complaining about servers :-)

how can u talk about speed while talking about making flashkit v2.0 100%flashed ?

i think this is a bad idea. not only that it'll be slow, but if you connect using a proxy, the swf wont refresh.

-
    cyas

quicker downloads

when looking thru your movie/sound/etc files... it would be good to have an option to add to basket or download now on that page, rather then going thru 3windows to download 1 file... just something that takes up some time

Angry

Increase Revenue By...
    Having a voluntary donation of $4 a month or so
    and all that other stuff everyone mentioned...merchandise, classes etc.

You should get rid of the menu at the top and make a cool looking DHTML menu split up into submenus, for quick navigation.

Angry

Increase Revenue By...
    Having a voluntary donation of $4 a month or so
    and all that other stuff everyone mentioned...merchandise, classes etc.

You should get rid of the menu at the top and make a cool looking DHTML menu split up into submenus, for quick navigation...

1. i would visit a lot more if the color palette was more subdued...

perhaps create a few extra style sheets and allow the user to choose the style sheet they like... (flashkit color themes)

2. screen the fla's you guys put up a bit better... some of the quality of them is terrible. more does not necessarily mean better.

3. send out newsletters when there is actually new stuff, not just every week, just because it's a weekly newsletter,,, if there isn't anything new worht noting.... maybe it would be better not to spam us for advertising $.

print

i agree with printable tutorials. this would definitely enhance workflow..............

peace.

http://www.keithhopkin.com

Lightbulb Browsing Downloadable files

I hate downloading just three sound loops or just ten fonts at a time. It takes too long for those of us with high latency connections. Instead, you should offer a way to view files in large amounts (say, fifty at a time) or to view all in a catagory at once. I'd rather have it take five minutes to load a page than ten to load multiple.

==============================================
    <!DOCTYPE pompousjerk PUBLIC
    "-//PJERK//DTD PompousJerk 1.0//EN"
    "http://www.crosswinds.net/~oriondigital/pjerk.dtd">
    ==============================================

I would like to see chat forums with scheduled topics for discussion. for example...a forum on possible improvements for future Flaskit versions...it would be nice if these forums were every once in a while headed by a present Flaskit exec or webmaster. this way we could create more of a community feeling by having actual discussions instead of posting all messages which get buried in a thread somewhere...there would of course also be forums for all the same topics that are currently featured in the falshkit commune...just a thought...

matt

Smile donations

It would take me four months to get approval for a $20.00 subcription. However I love this site so much I could easily donate $10.00 of my own money to keep it going.

Do not shut this site down, whatever you do.

Idea for $$

You could configure it so that when a member visits any page in Flashkit that a personal little start menu pops up. The window could be completely customizable with different options like links and stuff, with the latest news and features! How does the $$$ part come in? You could have a little ad button in the corner of the popup. I know im not a pro webmaster like yourself and it may be totally impossible, but it was an idea.

-speedy__snail