A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Members in Boardroom: against a SNERT attack, sense of humour!!!

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar

Smile

Dear fellow members, when a SNERT attacks (I mean, the typical freedom-fighter like this pseudo-communist's attack) there is no battle to be won.

The SNERT is trying to express his frustrations by attacking you, and you are not.
    The SNERT needs to feel attacked, and you don't.

So please, even if the SNERT attacks your English, your race, your religion and everything you believe in, always ANSWER with sarcasm or do NOT answer at all.

You cannot win this battle, everything you say will be transformed in a retort. So simply let the storm go through, and wait for the bright sunrise!

A

to those that have been felt attacked by this member soon to be banned.

david

[Edited by phooka on 01-31-2001 at 07:59 AM]

Wichser
    nobody attacking the iCEBERG so far, never heard of SNERT,
    thanks tho

iCEBERG

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    SNERT:

That's what they call the real trouble-makers of cyberspace. Attributed by some to Kurt Vonnegut, the term stands for "snot-nosed Eros-ridden teenager." It concisely captures much of what many cyberspace deviants are all about. They thumb their impudent noses at authority figures and smear their ooze of discontent all over themselves and others. Frustrated drives seeking an outlet may fuel their misconduct - frustrated aggressive drives as well as sexual ones. They often are adolescents. If they aren't, then they are regressed adults acting like adolescents. In some communities, the term "snert" broadens to include any acting out, annoying, disruptive user.

The title of this article also suggests that they are males. Of course, there are bad girls in cyberspace too, but they do seem to be outnumbered by the males. Why? Maybe males - especially teenage males - have a more difficult time restraining or constructively expressing their Eros-ridden nature (i.e., they aren't as mature). Maybe they tend to be a bit lacking in the compassion and interpersonal sensitivity that's needed to realize how other users aren't Donkey Kong targets, but real people. Maybe there simply are more male users out there on the internet.

And now I'll close the thread. Remember that this was opened to deal with a situation, and that situation has been solved. After all this is Boardroom, where you great designers around the world (and some wannabes like myself) discuss design problems!

regards,

david

[Edited by phooka on 01-31-2001 at 09:55 AM]