A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A good 'Flash' book?

Question

I've reached the limit of what I can learn from looking at the sample files and on::line help, now I need some brand new book to sniff...I mean read and learn. Please do not recommend one of them '----- for Dummies' texts 'cause I don't care how good it is; I ain't no dummy (it's a slavic pride kinda thing...) And it better not be the printed version of the on::line help...grrrr. And please don't tell onepaul to searh Amazzzone, because onepaul doesn't trust them ratings and cute little stars...(long story)

I heard that "Flash Web Design" by that Curtis Hillman bloke is pretty good... Any other suggestions?

thanks and cheers,
    onepaul

------------------
    TotalGL3
    Apolyton

Thumbs up

I heard that the Flash 4 Bible
    is really the best book out.

Check that out.

Smile

I always worry about those who speak of themselves in the 3rd person...
    But, in answer to your question, I've found "Flash4 Creative Web Animation" quite helpful.

Cool

There is no such thing, this site is the best has alot to offer than abook !!

Smile

i eard talking about flash bible but i think the best books are the Flash Web Design by Hillman Curtis (i heard hes a real pro in flash). Try the Graphics, Animation & Interactivity With Flash by James L. Mohler note that this books aint for beginners
    if you want something to begin try the Flash for Magic

I've found Flash 4 for Web Professionals by Lynn Kyle to be very helpful, as well as Flash Bible, Flash Magic, and Flash 4 Web Animation fx & Design ( Milburn and Croteau ) to be great helps, but I still have questions. If I can't find answers in the archives, I'll be back to post a question.