dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can you convert Quark Files?

I'm doing some work for a coffee shop. All their graphics files are in Quark Express. I need to get them into Fireworks or Photoshop or something to use them and edit them to put on the web. Does anyone out there work with this stuff? Any Idea how to get Quark stuff on the web?

Thanks in advance!!

acQuired brAin
    Hi,
    I think there is a plugin for quark that coverts files but maybe that is just to html...and really I don't know how effective that is. Perhaps the other thing you might try is to save the quark page as an eps and then try opening it in Photoshop, or even another hack if you are desperate rip it to a pdf and try that in Photoshop and off to fireworks.
    It all sounds pretty ugly.

acQuired brAin
    me again...sorry...I think that plugin is called BeyondPress4 or similar...good luck

In Quark choose file/Export and export the page as an eps. This is uasually about 16 megs but you can open the file in photoshop and chop it down. Needless to say this will only work if you already have quark.

Good luck

Yes you can convert XPress to flash. Save the Quark page as eps > open in illustrator > convert text to outline > get rid off all grouping and masking and downsample all pictures > then export as ai or swf and import in flash.

It's extreemly buggy. But it can be done.