A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need Help

I know the answer is right in front of me but I can't see it. Here's my problem. I have an intro page that also serves as the menu. Works just like I want it to. Once it has completed it's work, it's just sitting there at a stop action waiting for someone to click on something and then goto that. When you click on a word I want it to stay in that scene perform it's new effect on that word and after completeing it goto a new scene that's different. How do you do that? If I use "On Press" goto frame 307 of scene 2 where the new effect is and then add "On Release" goto frame 1 of scene 3 as soon as I click it goes to scene 3. Am I making sence? I don't want anything to change until after the viewer has seen the completed text effect and then goto.

Byron Zed

Hey,

If I understand you correctly, you should remove the "On release" action and replace it with a simple goto frame 1 of scene 3 after your word effect has completed. That should fix your problem. If this isn't the answer you need, my apologies, please repost your question.

Peace.
    Danny.

Let me try again. My main scene is frozen at a stop action waiting for the viewer to click on something. Say this all runs to frame 305 scene 2(I'm reserving scene 1 for the pre-loader). Say they chose any word, which is a menu item, and I have it set so that ON CLICK it does a text effect which is located at frame 307. I have it that far. Sitting still, waiting. I click on a word, it does it's text effect but since there is no stop action after it the viewer sees the completed text effect and then it goes to scene 2 frame 1 but I want it to go to Scene 4 frame 1. I would have no idea in what order a viewer would choose but I do want the viewer to see the complete text effect before it goes to scene 1,2,3,4, or a url. Better? If not I'll go with no text effect before moving to another scene as assigned. Thanks for your help. I know what I want but can't seem to put it into words.