A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tutorial Ideas ?

Smile

I am considering writing some tutorials for the Flashkit.com site - wondering if any of the users have any suggestions on what they would like to see ? From the simple to the somewhat complex - any suggestions that the users or moderators have would be a great starting point.

Thanks,

A Scrolling text tut. would be ideal. I've seen numerous requests for it. Keep in mind that most of the complaints I've seen regarding tut's is that they're written assuming the user is, at the very least, an intermediate. I would suggest writing tutorials that assume the user knows very little...don't skip steps.

In other words, make it idiot-proof. =]

regards,

dstewart

Effective use of 'load movie' actions for managing download times. If there is one area that could really help the neophyte Flasher, this is my choice. I started on a tute on this myself but, professional duties seem to be taking too much time to get very far. As far as I know, the info on MM's site on this topic is still Flash 4 specific.
    Some other related things like looping frames within a movie to wait until certain content is loaded before a button is activated, for example, would be another good one. Granted, these are not as glamourous as 3d fx. etc., but they are vital to good Flash work.

I posted a tutorial on masking a while ago because there did not seem to be one, this has still not been posted after numerous mails to Mark ? anyone else know whats going on with this ?

Try emailing trav@flashkit.com on this. I know the whole tute section got redesigned awhile ago and some that I thought weren't there were - just not where I thought.

How about using ASP with flash, the tutorials I've followed never work....

RazorRmedia,

Curious if your tutorial got posted yet ?? I would only want to do one - knowing that it would surely be posted on the the site. I have done some writing for other sites and a chapter for 'Friends of ED' and really do enjoy it....

Austrian Superstar
    VARIABLES!!!

make a tutorial on how to make a button write variables, and another button reading them with an if action!!

I tried to do it, but somehow I failed ...

syrder,
    mark has replied to my mails saying that all uploads get queued and are checkd and posted eventually. I have submitted movies before and they have only taken days but I htink with tutes, they have to check all the links and keep it consistent with the rest of the site. Look forward to seeing yours

bruce

DJ_SFinKz
    I think a shorter scrolling text box one would be a good idea!