A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shape Tweening Question

How come I can't make a shape tween out of 2 .bmp pictures? I convert them into symbols (Graphics) and I stll can't get it to work! Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong, because converting them it's probably not the answer...

Thanks!
    -Emo

I am no way a flash expert and am not sure if this will work but its something to try..

convert the bitmap to a vector image using the trace bitmap command in flash.. you should be able to tween those two objects..

Or depending on the source of the bmp use a program designed for tracing raster images into vector images, Adobe Streamline or Illustrator are good ones.
    [Edited by DocQuest on 02-05-2001 at 02:10 AM]

Thumbs down Shape Tween

Emo - just a thought

You can't shape tween symbols, they have to be broken apart using the "break apart" command, then you should be able to tween them.

Import them into keyframes, then break them apart, then add the tween between the frames.

Let me know if this works.

-----
    Best of luck

nope!!!

I still can't do it! I tried what you told me (Your Hero) and the same thing... Shows the first bmp then for .01 sec shows the second one and then the same thing over...
    This is what I did:

1: File->New
    2: File->Import (the first bmp into the first frame)
    3: Modify->Break Apart
    4: Clicked on frame 20 and F6 (Cleared the screen)
    5: File->Import (the Second bmp)
    6: Modify->Break Apart
    7: Clicked on the layer to highlight it
    8: Modify->Frame
    9: Chose Shape
    10: What am I doing wrong????????????

P.S. It shows the arrow when I make the tween... but still

Thanks!
    -Emo

Thumbs down Shape Tween bmp

Okay, I'm an idot...duh. (I just tried it too.)

I guess the problem might be that Flash sees both BMP's as rectangles , the same as if you drew a solid black rectangle and broke it apart.

Flash won't do any real shape tweening at all from one rectangle to another.

The only way I could see to get that effect would be to turn the first BMP into a symbol, and alpha fade it to 0 with the second BMP on the layer below it.

This would be the closest thing I can think. Not quite a morph...But enough of an illusion to the eye to look nice.

Maybe someone else has a secret solution they can disclose.

Best of Luck.