A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: a question of asthetics

I would like to get some opinions here. Is the 3d in flash thing tired out?

Check out: http://www.mtv2.co.uk

http://devlab.swift3d.com/

This is becoming a long standing argument between designers at my studio, I just wanted to see what you all thought.

I relise that we are talking about tools, and that it is all about what you do with them, however has the 3d thing become played up. I am a 3d animator in addition to being a flash fanatic, so I am a bit biased.

--E8

personally I think it looks great. I mean considering we are on 2d media, being able to give the illusion of space and depth is cool. It takes a good artist to get a convincing look. Those ugly flat, 2d, html sites are dead.

Rogue

evil8mm - I like it as well. I'm always mesmerized by 3d sites, simply because of the depth in detail.

Developing 3d sites are more challenging as well. I'm not certain that the average end-user realizes this, and that's unfortunate. By incorporating a 3d look and feel, you may just be impressing your peers. Just a thought.

regards,

dstewart

FK Doctor of Love
    i definitely lean toward 3D sites, they seem like more thought and time is put into them (which is probably true)

what concerns me is the amount of subpar (IMHP) sites put out there just to make a quick buck..

i guess that's because i'm a perfectionist and try to make everything perfect

hell, i've been working on my footer for 3 weeks, and i have been through 5 different ones