A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: won't import my eps

BostonUG.com
    swift 3d will not imort my eps that i made in adobe photoshop 6.0. any ideas?

thanx
    the deftones kid

Deftones,

I had placed this quote from another thread in this forum.

"I was also having problems in exporting from Freehand into EPS. When trying to import into Swift3D, it would crash and close out. Make sure EVERYTHING has been transformed into vectors/paths. If you have a text block, break it. Un-group everything to [make sure] you see paths. Once I played around with it enough, I was able to import."

The same goes with Photoshop 6.0 Make sure you trace the entire picture into vectors. Then export into EPS.
    Hope this helps! Good luck!

In Love and Life,
    --Neelixx

Photoshop exports raster images. Try creating your stuff in Illustrator, Freehand, Flash, etc. They are all vector based programs and Swift 3D should import these files with no problems.

DK,

Doesn't Photoshop 6 export vectored images into EPS? Granted, it's not near as powerful as Freehand, Illustrator, or even Flash, but I thought it would still at least "Do The Job". I use Freehand myself, but "assumed" it would work in Photoshop with it's improved "Vector Support".
    DK, does have a great point, though, Deftones. If you have those other proggies, USE THEM!! :-)

Good Luck!
    --Neelixx