A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Screen Saver

Hi,
    does anyone no of a good programme to turn projector files into screen savers. Please no body sujjest *********** as it is far too over priced and causes win nt to crash!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

I use screenweaver, since version two has come out I've not had any problems. Cost is $149.00 US. It does alot though. You can make updateable screensavers, change the icon, live preview. www.screenweaver.com Regards,Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

When I was researching these though, Screenweaver was not an option. Check that out first, of course. I use *********** and it has never caused NT to crash before. I researched these programs and found that Flash Jester offers a lot of features that we need to package our screensavers (install, setup, ease of use, icons, readme.txt, etc.) I know you don't want to hear about Jester, but it is worth it's price IF you want the end user to be able to easily install your screensaver and IF your company wants to have their ID/legal present at all during install.
    For a few examples you can goto: http://www.cwexperience.com/cwe/
    and goto the "FUN" section to check out some of my civil war screensavers. This is not a plug, just an example. I know what you mean by over-priced. I am lucky to be at a place that can throw money around.

Screentime for Flash from macsourcery (www.macsourcery.com) is an excellent one

Thumbs up

try flashforge at www.goldshell.com

well worth the $50

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Oh by the way screenweaver 1.0 is now freeware. So you dont have to pay a cent. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Why don't use FlashForge is FREE
    and what free is is always nice, well that is what they say here i the netherlands we have about 20 free dial-up providers
    just joking.