A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need mucho helpo

i have just purchased flash 5 and i havnt a clue where to start has anyone got any ideas. and also is there any sites that tutor begginers like me. i have the ideas its just putting them into practise.

cheers

You've found the best site around for Flash, beginner or not!

Your best bet is to go through some of the tutorials included in Flash, and download and take apart some of the movies here at Flashkit to try to understand how they are made.

Apart from that, I've found that I can learn quicker when I have a clear goal - give yourself a project to complete and try to figure it out in Flash, then come back here for help regarding more specific issues, and you'll be a pro in no time.

See Above
    wurd. two cheers to making mistakes.

seriously|pal|www.dumb-dumb.com

First things first, I would go to the Help menu ->lessons . They should get you up to speed very quickly, then its mostly practice. You'll probably want to go through the tutorials here on flashkit too as a lot of cool stuff isn't shown in the tutorials, like mask layers, gradient editing, actionscript, etc. Also take a look at the stuff under Modify->shape, I didn't know about the stuff in that menu till about a year and a half after i'd been using flash, It blew my mind!

Good luck ^_^

hi all, mess around click all the buttons load all the menus and have a good look at it all (i did ) get used to the layout its alot different from 4 and 3.

set your self a task, a small game, a funky intro, and pick up the pink books and read, along with f_kits tutorials and have fun....

its pretty easy, i started with fl_3 bought 4 and nearly died, bought 5 and went back to 4..

a week later got stuck in, it easy stick with it!

learnings funny, look at it tomorrow, it will b better!

good luck!
    b.p

p.s.

interesting site

http://www.dumb-dumb.com

See Above

Smile

hey, thanks!
    episode/chapter one of piidumb will be available by friday. it's pretty oddball, but i hope somebody somewhere finds it *interesting* if nothing else

peace|pal|www.dumb-dumb.com