hello, i am a newcomer of the forum
    i am interested in flash programming design
    ,especially in game.

I would like to make a multiplayer game
    but don't know how to working with the multiplayer platform
    in the server side programming and also the flash part

would anyone of you can help me in telling us the prinicple
    behind.

I am using php in writing the server side programming.

Im asking the smae Question.
    But i guess that doesn't help.

Knows where you live
    Questions like this are far too complex to ever be answered. Its along the same lines of walking into a studio and asking how do you blow gallery quality glass vases. There is far too much knowledge, skill and general ability required to ever be transfered in written form, and if you know how to blow glass in the first place, you wouldn't be asking the question.

Multiplayer games are not only difficult because of the general scale, but because of the abstract concepts that are hard to test and envision such as latency that will make your game unplayable unless you think out how you are going to manage it.
    I would say that it would be very fair to state that if you need to ask this question, you would not be able to create a successful multiplayer game in the first place, or even understand a comprehensive explanation if we gave one.

If you really want to know, simply use google, a library or the flash help files. There is no lack of information for those who are willing to look for it themselves.
    I mean seriously, the first thing I ever do when I have a question is check wikipedia, then google, then search the library (which will conveniantly let you place orders on books online, then ship them to the nearest drop off point, all for 10$ a year). In about 10 minutes I will have gained orders of magnitude more knowledge than you will by asking other people to do your searching for you. As a matter of fact, I probbably have about 2000$ worth of technical books on my desk right now.

I mean look at this, if I needed them, I could have two years worth of reading material on my desk by tomorow:
    https://catalogue.calgarypubliclibra...spect=subtab99

Actually, several of those books are on my desk right now, and I just threw in a hold on Object-oriented design with UML and Java / K. Barclay, J. Savage.
    Last edited by 691175002; 04-14-2007 at 09:55 PM.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
    - Walter Bagehot
    The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Blowing gallery quality glass vases? That's like the most obscure analogy I've ever heard. I would has said something like going to Picasso and asking how to draw like he does.

Regardless, 691 is correct. The questions being asked is far beyond the depths of general knowledge. Also, just the term "multiplayer" implies so much more than just flash knowledge. I mean in a multiplayer game, you can easily run into needs for XML, HTML, Flash, PHP, and a few others. Personally, I've done almost a year in pure Flash game design and still consider myself a beginner. If I have a thought about multiplayer, even with my experiance, I throw it out the window because it's simply beyond the reaches of my ability at this point. I'm even Majoring in Game Programming. If you are really stubborn and want to persue this project, I suggest reading a large amount of material related to the topic, and look at how many multiplayer games are designed and detailing the server systems behind the game. When you have finished that, you should return and ask a narrower question. It always helps us here at Flashkit help you if you can provide samples of your work that we can work with to better assist you in answering your question.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Knows where you live
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprisonedPride
    Blowing gallery quality glass vases? That's like the most obscure analogy I've ever heard. I would has said something like going to Picasso and asking how to draw like he does.
    It was the best thing I could think of at the time, but now that you mention it almost any art could work as well.

Both reading and experiance will be necessary. As well as multiplayer, I suggest reading up on object orientation, design patterns and other languages. Multiplayer games are almost always larger than single player ones, and such concepts become necessary.
    - Walter Bagehot

It has been almost 7 years since the thread was started. I highly doubt original poster is still waiting for the answer.

Knows where you live
    Well I didn't bump it...
    - Walter Bagehot

yes but the real question is how close is he to completeing his multiplayer?

90% he gave up within days of this post.........5% he did continue with it and now after 7 years finally has 1/2 of it done. 5% he did continue and now *****ing at posters like himself.

Yeah it's been 7 years, but a NEW poster bumped the thread with the same question, instead of making a NEW topic, which was the CORRECT thing to do.

Ever, pm me. I want to know how the project I reviewed went. </offtopic>
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)

Student
    @ mods:
    wouldn´t it be real nice for the ones who may concern it if we put a sticky regarding multiplayer,MRPG,electroServer, mp-demos,.... in the game section? Maybe that´s a better eye catcher as just the plain word "sticky".

Aye render, topic subtitles should be implemented.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF

IP, updates regarding this are in my sig =/ so far thats all........

Saving Frames: Ive seen tutorials on saving shared objects but is it possible to save what has been done in a frame?

Buildings: Ive seen buildings that seem to be 3D, like in bird's eye view Flash games like this one Here and I Would KILL to have it in one of my flash games so if you could look at the game, that would be great.

Scrolling: Ive looked at tutorials for scrolling for hours but i cannot find one that has scrolling for the x and y axis Ive tried Fiddling with games that only scroll on the x axis but that didn't work. I need help
    Last edited by tonypa; 04-17-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Knows where you live
    Go to a library. There is no lack of information for those who are willing to look for it themselves.
    - Walter Bagehot

I got it! Right down exactly what you want your game to be......... I'll have it for you in about 3 years. problem solved.

WOW that was Quick !!!!

I really look up to you as a Flash Game Developer.
    Your good.

Your Mom
    what about a multiplayer game like club penguin
    (its the best example I could think of)
    hi

Knows where you live
    This thread is cursed.
    - Walter Bagehot

How do i creaet a zelda game? Plz help me
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.