A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Developers!!!!! Client asked me to do this --->

Wichser
    A client asked me to do a CD - Production. ok.
    He want's about 300 pictures processed on the CD this way:

- Autorun feature
    - Slideshow
    - Wallpaper function
    - Print function
    - Thumbnailgallery
    - Copy protection
    - Zoom in/out on pictures

Now how would you go about that...?
    what would be an easy/good/efficient way to do that?

My bet would be Director, the Standalone player and then have it autorun.
    Or would you do it in Flash?
    Or totally different?
    What about copy protection? is that possible?

Hmm I have never done a project like that, or is there a way to do that in HTML and have a webpage sort of on the CD ( offline )?

I would really appreciate your help on this, I need to respond soon to my client and let him know how much time I would need for that etc...

Thanks, your time is appreciated.

iCEBERG

I don't really have any experience in doing something like this but, I subscribe to Computer Arts mag (UK) and they had a recent issue that related.
    The issue included, in addition to the CD that comes with each month's copy, a CD business card and an article/tute on creating the card. The whole thing was done in Flash and had many of the features that your client wants.
    Here's alink to order the back issue (January 2001):
    http://www.computerarts.co.uk/magazi...e.asp?id=25816

The tough parts seem like they'll be the copy protection and perhaps, the wallpaper feature. Most everything else is available by right-click in Flash.

HTH

Sorry to get off track, but I was just wondering jelve, where is a good place to by those business card CD's? I have heard of them before, but I really just want to by the custom printed CD that I can write to.
    Any suggestions would be welcome.
    -Zach

I've suggested Discmakers in the past - you can purchase Carddiscs CD-Rs in a variety of quantities, including a very affordable sample pack for testing purposes.

Wichser
    thanks so far everybody, keep them coming!!!!
    Yeah i would think the copy protection for the CD would be kind of hard.

is there a control to have a selected image set as wallpaper automatically? I have never seeen that in HTML nor in Flash...

please help me out here I need your help, i have to respond soon about what I think and how I would achieve all of that....

thanks a lot,
    iCEBERG

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    Well, flash makes it very easy to protect images (excet for a screen shot)

But the wallpaper feature would make this feature obsolete to any half-knowing computer user.

I say, add a little copyright text on each image.

autorun is easy, If you can figure it out, then post my name in the coffee lounge and i'll get to ya soon.

slide show shouldn't b too difficult. Use action script to move on an x axis. just change a variable for each button click. (also contact me if you can't get it)

You can also print in flash.

Zoom is also very easy in flash. Just change the _xscale/_yscale to fit the zoom level.

The only thing I would ask to drop... Is the wallpaper. Not only does this hinder the copy-protection factor, I just don't think it's possible!

I hope you figure it out! Look in the movies section, It might help some.

DJ_SFinKz
    If you used the flash standalone (.exe) it would take a heck of a long time to do!

Ya changed your footer DJ... looks great!

You can get alot of information in the "Standalones & Applications" forum. I've been cruising the forum, because I'm very interested in creating "Flapps" (flash applications). I do know there is a specific thread in there for "autorun". Really easy!

As for the copyright protection, I whole-heartedly agree with Ekostudios. Once placed as a background... easy access to the user. I'm sure you can do it, using the FS command and VBScript... just don't know exactly how.

DJ_SFinKz
    thanks neelixx! - you got a pretty sweet name to!
    Is this client paying well?
    I would think it is for some sort of commercial org trying to promote their business.

Wichser
    A friend of mine got me the job, the company is in the Phillipines and the boss is a friend of my buddy. It's serious and they're hooked to the Internet and everything I just don't know what would be the best way to do it.
    I told him I could create an offline website pressed on CD without the Wallpaper and the Copy Protection feature.
    I told him I could do a intro or a little memory game with some of the pictures he wants to display as the fun part.

I think he would be paying well. he emigrated from Germany to the Phillipines, so conversation andn understanding is easy and the money would be braught to me cash by my buddy who is visiting my client right now for a longer time.

yes, the autorun is a small .inf file

hmm what do you think?
    Thanks so far for ya help guys!!

iCEBERG

If I'm not mistaken the 'Set as wallpaper' feature is part of the system, itself. In Windows, it can be very quickly done with right-click>'Set as wallpaper' on many image files. Perhaps, just some instructions after bouncing the viewer to the 'wallpaper gallery' (in html) would fit the bill.