A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flashkit should be Flash!

Smile

i saw another idea like mine, and i'm sure there are many who think the same.
    why don't you let this site as it is, for the ones that run on slower machines or not have all the plugins, and why don't you make the 2.0 version entirely in Flash? i mean, Flash, Director, Generator, all the Macromedia stuff.
    it would be pretty nice, and i think it would help beginners accomodate with Flash
    c ya

and make it nearly impossible to update frequently?
    the backend work would take years!

just my opinion

DJ_SFinKz
    That is insane!
    It would be like a 1 gig site lol

Smile

In another 5 years, maybe

but for the time being stay as you are

Very simply: I love my mouse-wheel.

nicely said, rog.

ok, so if the whole site was in flash it might be a pain on the updating side, but there could definitely be a lot more flash involvement, for example with the navigation. Would also say more use of sub-menus/expandable menus would be very attractive as it would help reduse the time taken to get to the page you want as it would reduce the over all number of clicks, but having said that, hopefully there won't be a problem with bandwith on FK2....

about that wheel :)

how did they get to do that in wildforms SWfx??

nonetheless, it seems rather non-dynamic to make flashkit in flash.. And i don't really think flash could be faster then straight html/script... it would if lots of graphics/animation were involved, but then.. is that what we want? or do we want info quickly &reliable without deleting those temp i-net files constantly?
    I think I know what I'd prefer!

cheers,