A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dose text have to be blurry?

Please help. IThe text on my site is blurry and the company executives have calling to complain. This seems to be an artifact of flash. Is there any way to sharpen it up?
    the url is
    http://www.hazelpromo.com

hi,

your text looks fine on my screen (19 inch). if you don't want your text to be antialiased, you need to use the device fonts.

then your font will be replaced by an appropriate system font on the client's computer.

the bad thing about device fonts is, that you loose some control over how your text (paragraphs etc.) appears on the client's computer, because you don't know which font is being used.

FK Robot Wrangler

check the 'device font' box under the HTML tab in your publish settings. personally, i think your type looks fine, but i can see how someone accustomed to HTML text would think flash has fuzzy type. why? it IS fuzzy!

You could try using dynamic text fields, or have you already done so?

Indeed, HTML might look better, but you don't get the same beauty in HTML you can in Flash. That's your pro.

Good luck
    Tiese Barrell

The text looks fine here! (17")

--Neelixx

Old dog learning new tricks

Try to use different fonts (like Arial or Helvetica) for the small size letters.
    Good luck

when viewing it on a crappy monitor at lower res's it anything will looks blurry. they probably mean jagged or rough edged.