A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Shock, you are a master of Tai Chi FLASH. Luved the movie on your site --- the music and style brought to mind the animated City Hunter (I, II, III?) opening credits.

Armadillo88, let the colors flow through you...and dodge those trucks on the road.

coolio!

man, you are the coolest, more lessons please!! on the drawing side for me mostly =)
    [Edited by fluxxy on 07-25-2000 at 09:33 PM]

oh no! its all wrong! im not saying that its bad. the colors are all wrong. does not anyone know who this is?! this is the great tsunami of tenchi muyo!!!! she has blue hair! she has a dark blue kimona! ahhhhh. still its good. the colors look wrong though since i know what it really looks like. but still thanks alot shock. i always had that problem with my scanner ginving me gray. now i know how to fix it. thanx alot man! yah! how did you fix up the lining though? make it so that it doesnt have gaps and that it isnt all over the place. ?

just one more thing too. i understand you are very good. but how did you do the shading and glare on the hair?

Nelxon Studio

Tsunami? Tenchi what?

I don't think I've seen Tenchi Muyo
    before. Waitaminute...

Is this Tsunami?
    [swf width=330height=370]http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/tsunami2.swf[/swf].

How did I do the shading and glare on the hair?

hmmmm.....
    Well I have to add that to my list
    of tutorials to do.

Read Carefully. This is for coloring in general.

I use the pen tool to guide me and the fill tools to color with.
    I don't use the paint brush unless I'm editing . Once I draw the guide
    lines
    (with the pen tool 0.5) to where color goes, I then fill it in with the fill tools.
    Sometimes I may have to adjust the fills to close large or medium gaps to avoid the color
    leaking all over the place. After that I remove all the guide lines I made with the pen tool.
    And that it.

Makes sense?

Got Milk?
    Cookie Crisp taste better with Milk. Sometimes.
    Oh, well now back to scene 33...

Nelxon Studio

Wait, That's not Tsunami, that's Ayeka.

All I have are these posters, Of Tenchi characters.
    I'm guessing the names.
    There is No is need for Tenchi at this Forum.

lol. tenchi means heaven and earth and muyo means no need for. but tenchi muyo is translated as no need for tenchi and tenhci is takin as a name. i worship tenchi muyo. my pic is tsunami. the only thing that is diffrent about her is she is missing two dots from her forhead and one stray strand hair from the other ear. its tsunami. no one can know more about tenchi muyo thatn me on this board
    [Edited by armadillo88 on 07-26-2000 at 08:42 AM]

very nice pic of ayeka.

....i always had that problem with my scanner ginving me gray. now i know how to fix it...
    ----------------------------

Hey Arm', you may try one thing to shorten or even eliminate your whole grey/black/white scanning issue....

i had a similar problem when i started scanning.
    Check to see if your scanner software has a 'calibration' tool. you'll need a blank piece of white paper for this.
    What it does is adjusts/resets the scanning 'brightness' levels.

This may or may not help at all, but i hope it does
    -damadprofessor

look in your scanner settings

Hi armadillo,
    Although there are many ways to clean up a scan by adjusting brightness contrast etc in a graphics program, the best thing is just to scan it right the first time.

seems from reading this thread you need to find the right setting in your scanner driver. You dont want "black and white" in the sense of "greyscale" meaning no colors but 256 shades of grey, which is obviously what you scanned in.

You want "black and white" as in only 2 colors. Try looking for options like "2 BIT COLOR" or "LINEART" in your driver when scanning, they would normally be on a list with stuff like "8 bit color", "12 bit color", "true color" "256 scale black and white" (which is what you have scnned in by the look of things).

It would be really nice if all scanners used the same terms but they dont.

mark

thanx alot people. yes both things worked acutally. thanx to both of ya! i recalibrated it and set my color down to black and white. it scans pretty good now. anyone can teach me how to use photoshop 5? i have it but have no idea how to use it. also one more thing. shock can you give me the fla for the pic you did? the otehr one you had was wrong. it had the flashkit grl in there. and thanx again.

Nelxon Studio

Opps, sorry about that.

Click Here to get the bitmap I use.
    Just right click, save target as, to download.

Hey Once you get A new pic done, post it here in color and in flash. I want to see if you learn anything.

heheh. yes sensai. i will return victorious. i will not fail you. you will not be dissapointed master shock. u have taught us well. we small creatures are not worthy of your knowledge but you can count on us. we will train hard from day to night sensai.

Nelxon Studio

Smile

LOL

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar

Smile

Originally posted by armadillo88
    anyone can teach me how to use photoshop 5? i have it but have no idea how to use it.
    :P Always it is what cannot be done!

:P Patience, young FLASHer, ready must you be for your DESTINY! A young student, overcome was he by the power of FLASH. Turned he did to the dark side. Frustration became anger. Anger turns to suf-fer-ing.

:P Let the FLASH within you flow. Feel the power. Release the emotion. Only then, become will you a FLASH master!

yes. im beggingi to understand. i feel the flash flowing within me! the FLASH! ITS BLINDING! I FEEL IT! I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE! YAH! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Beyond the Sea
    Ah, the wisdom of master Yoda.

I can't learn Flash...it's just too big!
    Size matters not! Judge me by my size do you?

Luminous Flashers are we, not this crude matter. The Flash flows through us, binds us, it is all around us. Between you and me, the tree, the rock, the flashkit.

heh,
    Rich

one thing naldo man. your post was enlighting. but it diodnt help me whatsoever with photoshop 5. mabye it helped me sort my philosophies of flash. but im still stumped on photoshop 5

Originally posted by shockanime
    Your image needs to be inked and sorta clean for this to work.
    Click here to Get my bitmap.
    Just save it to your desktop and follow what I just explain above.

Good Luck

This Quick Tutorial has been brought to you by ShockAnime!

[Edited by shockanime on 07-24-2000 at 06:35 AM]
    wow shock you´re great !!! you are relly cool dude ... can you tell me some hints for drawing ... cause i´m into coloring but i can´t draw that well ... and i´m looking for someone who show me how to draw drop me a mail if oyu interesed thx

Swift Obsessed
    Well, first I want to say that this has been a great thread! Lots of useful, informed tips and suggestions.

With all the talk of scanners flying about, I want to ask a question to all the illustrator types out there. Do any of you just skip the scanning process and just work directly with a graphics tablet?? Thoughts?? Criticisms?? Testimonials??

I also agree that starting with a good scan is best, but in the case that you do not, I have found the threshold command to be more useful then brightness/contrast when you are in needs of pure black & white. (I apologize if anyone already stated this. I read the posts a few days ago and am just now getting around to putting up a reply).