A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blurred animation

Hybrid View

Hi,

I want to do a Flash animation that involves blurring type. I want to create a rollover effect where the type is blurred when in its normal mode but 'sharpens up' on mouse rollover. Can Flash achieve that or do I need to create individually/manually-created blurred type (in stages) in something like Fireworks, Illustrator or Photoshop (and then import into Flash?)

Any help very gratefully received,

Thanks

Lance
    Brighton, UK

On your Mouse event you could have toggle highquality on/ off ??? give it a shot, i read it in a book somwhere, i never bothered to try it..but it does seem like a good idea.

or failing that, M/C's with stop and go to actions, like on the up state you're text is blurry, then upon roll over, do a jump to your sharper text, try working with flash's tools just use different layers for your movie clip and each layer set it's Alpha transparency down a little so you'll have the over lapping blurred effect.

Hope this helps

HVAC guru
    The easy way is to do it much like you would in javascript. You can however get much more complex. I did this site to show off my daughter. from the front page, watch as you move the mouse over the small pics. http://********tingliquored.com/maddison/
    I have it working on the x axis only but it is not difficult to set it to both. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Hi, me again... :-)

I've managed to create the effect I like by mixing a tweened blurred graphic (100% to 0% alpha) and a 'sharp' graphic (0 to 100%).

You can see the effect at:

http://www.netden.demon.co.uk/ssi_dummy1

(it's for a sight-saving charity in the UK).

Now... next problem (!):

I want it to revert to the blurred version when the mouse moves away, but can't seem to manage that. I assume it's an actionscript of some sort but I'm a bit stuck. At the minute this is a button symbol graphic in Flash that has the static blurred graphic as the up mode and the over mode is the movie clip of the blur-to-sharp animation.

Any help very gratefully received!

Cheers,

Lance

Hi, use tell target, obviously your first frames are blurred right? coz that's how they look like on the stage and normal hitstate of your buttons, so on your button set up on mouse event roll out, tell target (your M/C instance name) go to and play frame 1, so you'll need a Stop action on your first key frame..and last key frame as well..otherwise it will loop.

Hi,

Thanks for that. But never used Flash 4.0 -s 'Tell Target' Flash 5.0's 'Go to Frame...'?

And how do I instruct the button to go to a frame that is contained within the movieclip timeline?

Cheers,

Lance

I've managed to get it to work how I want it. See it at:

http://www.netden.demon.co.uk/ssi_dummy1

(remember to refresh :-) )

But STILL two problems:

1) Although the fade back to blur is instant on rollout on my PC, it only activates on my Mac if you roll out verrrrryyy slooowwwlllllyyy... are people out there finding this or not?

2) I think because of the blur effect, you can detect the edges of the clip, it's not seamless against the blue. I have tried just blurring a selection (back in the original PNG) but still showing. Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone

Lance