A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally a Killer site

I liked the brushed metal and the bolts. Very nice, ambitious site. I know this company would work hard to make their clients' sites look good...and that's what a design company is supposed to do.

I think the same principles govern design as govern other art forms, particularly music. Think about jazz: a lot of "original" tunes have bits and pieces of others' music in them. This is homage and not "copying." Isn't imitation the most sincere form of flattery?

Nice effort.

Sweet

sweet i like it cool it rocks

XEON is right, all these so called Flash Shakespeares are simply imitating TV and print design.

Look at MTV and Sci-fi channel, you'll see where they take their stuff from.

A lot of people here behave like there was no design before Flash.

There's copying going back and forth. I remember the "Seven" (Brad Pitt / Morgan Freeman) opening titles initiating the "damaged film" look, which itself was drawn from print designers like David Carson. You see that damaged film look everywhere on the web now.

Similarly, the Sci Fi Channel is doing a lot of things I first saw on Flash sites. So it goes both ways.
    [Edited by mbritton on 02-26-2001 at 12:49 PM]

Originally posted by Fletch69
    XEON is right, all these so called Flash Shakespeares are simply imitating TV and print design.
    well I doubt shakespeare invented language, plays, comedies, tragedies, plots, characters et al. Infact much of what he wrote were Greek works re-interpreted and presented to an English nobility (high bandwidth users).
    I dont see how we can have a discussion about Flash sites with out mentioning key players and schools of thought. Would you join in on a disccsuion on automobile history if everytime you quoted a Ford model, some guy freaked out. If a web designer is using a common design concept that is widely accepted in schools of design then please state what that is. I doubt very much that all 127092 members have formal education (i.e college degree) on graphics and designs but we've all seen alot of these cool web sites. Starting to get my point?

FK Board Loser
    I think the use of that metal texture is too much... where is the love? its just way to overdone if you ask me

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Cant see the page. Why does one insist on making broadband only sites..

=(

resolved Loved it

I must say, This is one of the best, VERY nice colouring,
    Cool tiny animations.

Loved it, thanx for posting it!

tobba

+ Positive +

Thanks for all the positive replies ! Its where we get our energy from.

DO2 Team :: FI Team

Its a pity...

Yeah its a pity about the copier, they took it down i see, people in these forums seem to be ok with importing one's swf files, putting in their own stuff and saying "i dont see the problem". Some will know what i mean..right Karnak ?

+neutral+

I am on a dial up modem and had I not seen the discussion, I'd never waited for this to load, this is my main criticism. It does remind me of 2A and I don't mind that kind of design, but it really starts to be like all sites are the same. A site that could "rip" 2A would have to be one that has a completely different concept and I'd really like to see one like that.
    I think that alot of clients would be happy to have a site like that as long as they have a fast connection themselves...quite nice though.

the traveler
    they couldn't have picked a better name for themselves, that is for sure. i feel like i'm on a frickin spaceship for cryin' out loud. i bet my neighbors will think i'm building a UFO in my living room if i don't turn down my speakers. jeez...

i, too, am waiting for something that comes along to make people stop yackin' about 2A. i'm so sick of references to 2A's look & feel that i could vomit.

to be added

Re: to be added

Originally posted by firstpost
    more killer sites

http://www.estudio.com
    that site is awesome, i love the navigation buttons. the stretchy type stuff is cool

it's only interface...but good

Nice interface...lot of hardwork placed in it obviously. Me envious...I will return again...with better interface...sniff.

i love it!!!!!!