A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I make 3D images like this one in Swift 3D?

http://www.chapter3.net/imperium/index.html
    How did this guy do this one??? Did he even use a 3D program? Thanks for all help....
    [Edited by The Almost Flasher on 02-12-2001 at 09:58 PM]

Do you mean the background wallpaper type image on the first page.. one your link goes to.

Looks like a flash modified jpg of a 3dstudio render to me

I mean the wallpaper when that link loads

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Its nothing more than a bunch of junk pulled and twisted and then the camera angle is pulled back to a odd perspective and thats all that is. No big deal. Regards, Bill

Originally posted by Pope de Flash
    No big deal. Regards, Bill
    Then can you tell me how to do it? I'd really appreiciate it if you did! thank you.

Originally posted by Pope de Flash
    Its nothing more than a bunch of junk pulled and twisted and then the camera angle is pulled back to a odd perspective and thats all that is. No big deal. Regards, Bill
    I have to disagree. It seems that the author may have placed each and every piece of junk in the desired x,y coordinate after pulling back the camera to an odd perspective. On the other hand...you are probably right. :=)
    Sorry...just had to post as it sounded so funny having read it before looking at the URL. Guess you really summed it up in a cute way.

I would guess it was built orginally in a 3D modelling prog. such as Max or Rhino or something to that effect. Once built you can export it, or render it depending on the program used and then either put into swift to get the unique color choices he used or again he rendered it in a progr. and flattened it tto use as desktop stuff.
    Either way it's still way cool stuff !!!!

Is there any 3D program like Max or Rhino I can get for free?

rhino has a free trial that lasts forever IF you never save anything. hehe. I use it just to play with, but i have made some kewl stuff. came in handy before i had max and needed to make some 3d models for biology.

hint: there is a preview button and on my keyboard there is a printscreen button