A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash in Plam devices???

Hi there,
    I would like to know how to actually convert the flash files (swf) and play it in the palm devices. Is there anyone out there can help?

thanks

DJ_SFinKz
    Sounds Promising!
    Is this for a client or something, I haven't thought of this idea.
    I think the general idea of flash is to make online movies but your idea is good. You might need lioke a translator or something. Im not sure but can you import .gif's into the palm thingy's?
    If so save your .fla as a gif

Wichser
    A friend of mine is actually writing on his final degree for his programming course at university, and it's going to be about Palm issues/Watching movies in palms and going online with hanhelds.
    I will keep ya updated if it's finished. I know that he is getting this work sponsored by a large swiss company that is interested in it.

So I think that Flash in palms will be reality soon, as going online and checking out websites with handhelds is becoming reality already.

cheers
    iCEBERG

DJ_SFinKz
    Aint technology good these days?
    That is amazing how it will be avaliable in hendhelds!
    What OS do they run?

POGO

Razorfish is also working on a Flash based handheld device called POGO.
    Does anyone have recent news on this? I haven't heard anything since the initial announcement from Flashforward2000.

Couldn't you generate some kind of java enabled Flash Player, so that you can utilize the resources of a PDA/WAP service?

Also, http://www.dream-nation.com is completely done in flash. They also support WAP, although the only service they offer through WAP is the instant messaging service. But, I believe this is in FLASH as well. Wouldn't hurt to do more research on this.

>>DJ Normally, Windows CE, although many PDA's are coming out with their own proprietary OS.

--Neelixx

http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia...pocketpc.fhtml

Not sure if you all have seen this link on Macromedia's site, posted from the first day of FlashForward 2k1 - the authoring link has some good information about what the handheld devices can handle, and how to optimize movies for the palm devices.

The article about the keynote also indicates a focus on four key types of devices for the player: hand-held devices, set-top boxes, Internet appliances, and gaming consoles.

Flash for PDA

Macromedia currently has a flash4 player for WindowsCE (PocketPC) devices. I am developing much content for these devices. If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, if you hear of any experts doing this I love love to get in contact with them. Thanks & Good Luck!
    -Mikw