A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: and they said flashkit couldn't be beat!!!

The Phattest Bwoy at Flashkit

Smile

move over flashkit.....ultrashock is alive.... http://www.ultrashock.com

ultrashock has a long long way to go.

Yes, agreed, please define "beat" in terms of how ultrashock, after being online for a little more than 24 hours has "beaten" Flashkit in any sense.
    On that note, who cares who does what anyway? There's no reason to pronounce that anyone's been beat at anything.

Even though I don't like cartoonish flash stuff, that is one nice intro, huge, but nice.

Let's all just keep in mind that Flashkit has been going at this for over a year now, and it has helped tens of thousands, hundereds of thousands of people worldwide learn about Flash, make new friends on the Internet, get better at what they're doing, and so much more.
    That's hard to beat in one day...

Best of luck to Ultrashock, I just checked it out, but wouldn't you guess, it's overloaded with all of you.
    Must be why FK is a bit fast at the moment.

mg33

FK Doctor of Love
    I wasn't very impressed with UltraShock when I checked it out yesterday. The complete Flash interface is nice and designed very well and the artwork, graphics, etc. are amazing.

However, in terms of content and functionality, Flashkit is still Ruler Supreme. And, after all, that's what I'm looking for in a resource site.

I hope UltraShock does well. The more resources that are out there, the better it is for the designing community. Hell, I even float on over the Were-Here every once and awhile. *pauses and covers face to shield himself from insults and flying objects*

Fancy FX and stylish design dont mean quality !

Fresh Prince of FK
    I don't think that the idea of a Flash Resources site done entirely in Flash is a good idea. I hope the FlashKit is always going to be HTML/JS/php/CSS

It is much cleaner.

The Phattest Bwoy at Flashkit
    hello? people i put a smiley face it was a joke!!

geez

i dont care

Originally posted by gobhi
    hello? people i put a smiley face it was a joke!!

geez
    I really dont care which site is there or not!!!...the whole idea is to become better at what we are and during this time of learning HELP others!!!....

I have learnt a lot from you guys...but im sure you have learnt a lot from somewhere else...If anything is there for the betterment of flash...il drink to that!!!

cheers
    gary

Is it a great site?
    yes
    Is it great compared to Flashkit?
    Heck no

Originally posted by flea
    I don't think that the idea of a Flash Resources site done entirely in Flash is a good idea. I hope the FlashKit is always going to be HTML/JS/php/CSS

It is much cleaner.
    Accually...the whole site isn't Flash...in fact...only the menu and the open source movies are flash...the rest is HTMl in flash I think...............

I Heard it Through the Grapevine
    Well I just checked out ultrashock, and I must say it's a great idea to have a Flash Resource Site and I wish somebody had thought of it sooner........ Oh hang on we did!!! Seriously I wish ultrashock well, its good to see more resource sites out there. I must admit I found the colour scheme a bit hard on the eyes though, different shades of grey really don't contrast. It will be interesting to see if their resource and community base will be able to rival Flash Kit, in the coming months.

I'm Buff
    Yeah ultra shock ain't bad but it isn't the site, it's the people that makes flashkit so good. It'll take a while for ultra shock to develop the personality that flash kit has... and we all know ya were joking

LONG LIVE FK2.0

[Edited by Font Master Flex on 02-14-2001 at 01:06 AM]

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    I found it too big a download and too many intro's.

Fresh Prince of FK
    Originally posted by hobbi
    Yeah ultra shock ain't bad but it isn't the site, it's the people that makes flashkit so good. It'll take a while for ultra shock to develop the personality that flash kit has... and we all know ya were joking

LONG LIVE FK2.0

I wanna know what he edited

the usual
    ultrashock has nice interface and looks better than flashkit in my opinion ....but flashkit will always be my homepage and my resource site

Roll on FKV2.0

I'm Buff
    Originally posted by flea
    Originally posted by hobbi

LONG LIVE FK2.0

I wanna know what he edited
    so do i! I know i wrote more than that but i forgot what i wrote!!! I just crapped on bout flashkit has a better personality than Ultrashock caus we've all been here for a while and got good mates and developed the community. don't think i said nething offensive but i let things slip all da time

just been there!

Ive just had a look and yes first impresions was good but when i started to look around got rather bored with load this and load that!and the chat room with the robots i just did not like still just my few's.
    cheers jay.
    freehand....

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FLASHKIT!!!!

DJ_SFinKz
    Originally posted by Dolemite50
    Is it a great site?
    yes
    Is it great compared to Flashkit?
    Heck no
    lol
    Ill drink to that aswell! This site is nice but to slow, every time you want to go there you have to load it ect.

US has such a long way to go b4 it achieves the cult status of FK!