A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Kit is unbearable

hey,
    no not the site ... the site is way cool

but the speed is sooo slow ... i can bearly navigate each page takes so long to open
    and i am on a fast connection (cable) but i am in australia ... anyone else having the same problems ?

I'm on T1 connection in UK and takes about 1minute for some pages to load if at all. Submission form wonky too....
    Its a shame cos the site rocks otherwise.

Lightbulb great site but slow

I'm on a T1 connection at work and I would go as far as to say I probably have one of the best and fastest connections on the internet (due to the company's control on the internet, no names, but we own a huge portion of the internet backbone). I think Flash Kit is the best training tool on the internet. If they worked on the speed and still provided the great content they provide now, then Flashkit will continue to be the leader in Internet Training. But, if Flashkit fails to provide better speeds they will find that their competition will gain Flash kit's share of the Internet Training Market, because internet surfers desire speed and great content. One point to remember: If it takes to long to download "NO ONE WILL SEE YOUR GREAT CONTENT" and all the time and money spent on producing a professional site will go to waste and the product or company will fail.

Just another T1 connecting second the motion. It took almost a minute for this reply page to come up. (I timed it on purpose). I LOVE FlashKit! But my participation has gone down to 3-4 visits per week instead of 5-6 times a day in the last few months.
    But im afriad I could never really break away...its like my lifeline.

snailing

Same story in Ireland
    T1 line misdirections and slow loads almost every refresh

I agree, flash kit is excellent

But I have a speed problem too, I can understand the amount of traffic this site must receive can be a problem but when I try to load a page it will stay dormant for several second, even minuets before beginning to load the page. But when it starts loading, the speed is OK? Could this be some sort of ping problem rather than a speed problem as im in England with a 56K modem?

FK Robot Wrangler

the flashkit board is often painfully slow from south texas, u.s.a. today is an exception. i have heard rumors that the board.flashkit.com server is the culprit (it's slooooooooooooooow).

heh, my friend's dsl server is faster... (i know it's a bit overexemplefied there...)

DJ_SFinKz
    I guess there are on/off sesions.
    Sometimes is is *real* fast ans others its real slow

agree! flashkit rocks!

uhm,,, im not sure why, but really, I dont have any problem abt the loading speed in flashkit; I live in australia and i do visit flashkit quite often, but its not THAT slow for my computer and im only using 56k modem (no adsl connection or whatever) *shrugs*

I agree

DSL connection at work, up until about three weeks ago it was really fast, but it has slowed to the point of being painful.

But pain is worth it when you get the help and assistance from such a great user base. Someone once said life is about 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration I think Flashkit turns that idea on its head.

Keep up the good work, but get a faster server/connection.

Spickee